Sponsored

Soft top rattle with windows open...?

RandomSquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude, 2013 Triumph Rocket3
It could have been occurring ever since new, but I keep the radio up and only just noticed this....but with the front or rear windows down, if I go above 50-60mph, the rear bar (I think it's the rear bar at least) in the soft top will start to rattle, almost violently. All 4 windows down, same rattle. If I get above 70, it's nearly undrivable as the rattle starts to vibrate the entire Jeep. However, the moment I put the windows up, she's quiet as a mouse. Anyone else have this rattle/vibration in the soft top with the windows down at highway speeds?
Sponsored

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
Funny you say this, because I just started to notice that this spring on my 2020. This is the 4th summer i put the soft top on and dont recall from the past. in fact, i wasnt sure what was rattling bc i havent had one of my kid sin the car with the top up to check for me.

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase
it's not just the rear seat-belt straps slapping against the rear seats is it?

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
I will say, mine isnt undriveable by any means. There is a rattle at high speeds, and intermittent, but it isnt terrible and comes and goes. it is new though.

Sponsored

OP
OP

RandomSquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude, 2013 Triumph Rocket3
Ok, I should re-phrase: it's not that it's "undrivable", but the vibration and rattle I get are fairly intense. So much so I can actually feel the vehicle "vibrate" a little when it happens, and the rattle sounds almost like the top is going to "fly off".

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
Mine does this same thing. Only thing is mine now will do it at 50+ vs only when I got on the interstate. It almost sounds like its the back window itself. But I havent been able to do anything to stop it from doing so. Drives me nuts. Wish I could get it to stop. I might not would switch back to the hard top during the winter if it would just stop.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
For me, if the soft top is down, the driver side C-pillar (plastic) rattles against the metal tub... drives me crazy. I keep meaning to take it apart and try put some foam padding in there to tighten up the pillar when the top is not holding it down snugly.
Sponsored