Sponsored

Soft top question. What do you do with your rear window when you put your soft top down?

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
You're over thinking this. Stowing the windows is not a big deal, unless you're this guy:

600-01041589en_Masterfile.jpg

I have only the premium soft top, no hard top. It's a fantastic design and a big improvement over the JK. I scored a MOPAR bag for free, but even at its unbelievably overinflated price it's a solid investment, IMO. When I'm not worried about getting caught in the rain to/from work (i.e. when my doors are off because the forecast is for high pressure) I don't even keep the windows with me. In the bag and in the garage they go...

I am anxiously awaiting the return of warm weather! You're going to love your soft top, I'm sure.
Good to hear!
I'm thinking probably going with Mopar bag (tried to order with my JL but it was unavailable at the time for some reason). Most times I'll probably just leave windows at home - I have the luxury of living only about 5 minutes from work and could hightail it to my garage if a big storm came out of nowhere :)
Sponsored

Dantmcb26

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Here is my solution for the windows I wrote a DIY thread on this ONLY $49 on Amazon

My JLU Sahara came with no soft top just the hard-top, so I found a member here on the forum with a Soft Top for sale and just purchased it. Now I am in Washington and will not even install the soft top until next April/May. Storing the top and frame itself is easy on the wall of the Garage, however the windows are a bigger challenge. In many of the popular Jeep part sites/stores they only obvious option was the Mopar window bag at $170 which is way overpriced for a canvas bag and even then with the windows stored in it it is too big to fit in the back of the Jeep.

After looking at other options like various JK bags I found this on on Amazon for $49, I figured what the hell I will give it a try.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OMRK4M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61Vj3NmaKEL._SL1500_.jpg

The bag arrived and I was impressed with the quality and the size assuming the windows fit, actually fits like a glove in the cargo area of the JLU.

Below are pictures of the windows in the bag:

1st Side window
Windows%201_zps7gvsdqvo.jpg

Second side window
windows%202_zpsvazz9lzz.jpg

For the back window I removed the bottom bar and then Used a light weight packing blanket rolled up with a couple straps, and since the window was too long I used the rolled up blanket for support so I could fold the back window without it creasing.

Windows%204_zpsqoua7unq.jpg

Window%203-5_zpsvu9jh73x.jpg

Here it is all windows stored in the bag, as you can see it fits perfectly in the cargo area or can be hung or stood up

Windows%205_zpsajeua1zl.jpg

Windows%206_zpsuxsy8ej8.jpg

There is even room left over for other items like a Bikini top or ???

I have since purchased the Diabolical Slipstream security enclosure that the window bag fits into perfectly. This allows me to lock the windows and and anything else that fits, this is a large lockable storage enclosure.
https://shop.diabolicalinc.com/collections/all/products/slipstream-jl-coming-soon

slip%2011_zps4jkcbep6.jpg

Slip%202_zpslnjdgt0o.jpg

What is that cover called that creates the trunk? I love that look

Sponsored

Godfadr

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
I’m curious what y’all do with your rear window when you put the soft top down? There’s not a great place to put it where it will not get a crease in it. Anyone have some insight? I’ve kind of stood it up behind the back seat with the cross bar resting in the wheel wells, but it still sags and gets a bit of a crease. Thought?
Just got mine and testing it now. Do you HAVE to remove the back window and side corners? What if I am just making a quick run and just want to throw back the top part?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link