Sponsored

Soft top question. What do you do with your rear window when you put your soft top down?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Used the MOPAR bag for months and never got this “sag” that you’re all talking about. Mine’s a 2dr, if that’s a factor.

Keep in mind that a short time in the hot sun, after reinstalling windows, is going to sort out any sag/bend.
Now I have not personally experienced the sag as I have not stood mine up however several have posted on multiple forums the sagging with two reports I read regarding permanent creases (fog at the crease). Those were reported last August/Sept.

Again the 2 doors have no choice, however I would also assume this is more of an issue in the much warmer southern climates.
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Used the MOPAR bag for months and never got this “sag” that you’re all talking about. Mine’s a 2dr, if that’s a factor.

Keep in mind that a short time in the hot sun, after reinstalling windows, is going to sort out any sag/bend.
You'd think that they could have incorporated beads/channels into the bag so the windows would basically hang in there the same way they hang when installed. Maybe I'm just crazy...

Reactions: eck

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
This is more of an issue for the 2 door guys as their bed is smaller so standing is their only option. While the Amazon bag could also loop the handles over the head rest the Mopar bag is a better solution for the 2 doors.

The back window once removed from frame is very flexible, sides not at all
I know it is, I have one. However, I would not try rolling it up. To each their own.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
1st off the Mopar bag is nearly 3 times the cost and not any better quality. The Mopar bag is designed to stand up and bend at the ends, it also when standing is above the back seats so always in sight. It is a huge bag sized for the back window. The $50 bag will also stand however again there is a big problem with standing the bags in warm weather and the windows falling down in the bag and possibly creasing them. That is not only a expensive bag but also an expensive less if you damage your windows...
Theoretically Mopar is responsible for your windows if their bag destroys your windows when used as directed. Otherwise you can just use some old beach towels and pool noodles.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
So much F.U.D. In this thread. First, we’re talking about a soft top Wrangler. How long do people think the windows are going to remain looking new? Second, no bag, MOPAR or Amazon deal of the day, is going to ruin your windows.

I think I found a group of guys who iron their underwear...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I toss it in the back and put a blanket on it. Then I put the windows on top of it and put another blanket between them. Otherwise when it gets too hot they stick together.

And yes they get creased and stuff. But I don't have the patience to fold up my wrangler windows and put them in a big purse.

Edit: I now also remove the bottom bar from the back window which keeps it from getting creased.

Last edited:

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I still don’t know why they just don’t offer glass windows. If you’re not able to roll them up anyway, why stick with plastic?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still don’t know why they just don’t offer glass windows. If you’re not able to roll them up anyway, why stick with plastic?
Heavy and breakable = no good on the trail. I would not want glass windows in my soft top.

Again, much ado about nothing in my opinion. I stick ‘em in the bag and stow behind the seat. No fuss, small footprint, easy retrieval in the event of unforeseen rain.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I don't know a lot about jeeps as this is my first one. But were previous years similar where you had to remove the windows on soft tops? Why not just make windows that are flexible enough to fold down with the top like other convertables.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know a lot about jeeps as this is my first one. But were previous years similar where you had to remove the windows on soft tops? Why not just make windows that are flexible enough to fold down with the top like other convertables.
You mean like the MyTop (or every other convertible on the planet)? Excellent question!!!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because you can remove the windows but leave the top up. This is called safari mode, and it's fantastic. To wit:

20171202144716-f1adc1bd-me.jpg

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You mean like the MyTop (or every other convertible on the planet)? Excellent question!!!
Excellent answer: Safari mode. (See above.)

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excellent answer: Safari mode. (See above.)
Alright, you got me there! Definitely looking forward to that ability when I switch to my soft top :like:.

Too bad we couldn't have the best of both worlds though, removable windows but be able to just fold them with the rest of the top. :(

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright, you got me there! Definitely looking forward to that ability when I switch to my soft top :like:.

Too bad we couldn't have the best of both worlds though, removable windows but be able to just fold them with the rest of the top. :(
You're over thinking this. Stowing the windows is not a big deal, unless you're this guy:

600-01041589en_Masterfile.jpg

I have only the premium soft top, no hard top. It's a fantastic design and a big improvement over the JK. I scored a MOPAR bag for free, but even at its unbelievably overinflated price it's a solid investment, IMO. When I'm not worried about getting caught in the rain to/from work (i.e. when my doors are off because the forecast is for high pressure) I don't even keep the windows with me. In the bag and in the garage they go...

I am anxiously awaiting the return of warm weather! You're going to love your soft top, I'm sure.
Sponsored