Soft Top Purchase

TJHUB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I'm currently in the process of trying to get a deal worked out on a new JLUR. I'm trying to get one that is on its way to the dealership (not ordered). My only real issue is that it has the hard top, and I really wanted both a hard and soft top. So if I get a deal worked out on this thing, what soft top should I get and from where?

I'm in Wisconsin, so the soft top will be on from April to November, then the hard top will be on for snowy, cold, and messy road season.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I'm currently in the process of trying to get a deal worked out on a new JLUR. I'm trying to get one that is on its way to the dealership (not ordered). My only real issue is that it has the hard top, and I really wanted both a hard and soft top. So if I get a deal worked out on this thing, what soft top should I get and from where?

I'm in Wisconsin, so the soft top will be on from April to November, then the hard top will be on for snowy, cold, and messy road season.

Thanks!
Check out https://www.bestop.com/

They are one of the forum sponsors.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I second Jeff's thoughts @Htfan Terry @TJHUB with a little more color commentary:

Perhaps no truer words exist than to say that "the supply of gear for our Wranglers is exceeded by our funds," certainly not the opposite.

Along these lines maybe there are things, known or unknown at this point, that you may also wish to acquire for your Wrangler apart from a soft top.

If so, at least consider the Sunrider product by Bestop:

https://www.bestop.com/products/sunrider-for-hardtop-jeep-2020-2021-gladiator-2018-2021-wrangler-jl/

If it's mostly you and a co-pilot in the front seat this may be all you need, and cheaper (and easier) to install than a full soft top, it may conserve your $ for other things.

On the other hand, if a full soft top is your thing, Bestop is the first vendor I think you should turn to considering they make both of the Stellantis soft tops for them.

But they are not the only ones. In fact at the high end of the spectrum there's always this:

https://mytop.us/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvOS4grD58AIVid7ICh0LFALhEAAYASAAEgJqePD_BwE

:)

gregeast

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I recently bought a Mopar top (made by BesTop but with the simpler, one lever lowering feature) for a very competitive price. The My Mopar app has a coupon in it for 15% off accessories (up to $200), which I used to make it even cheaper.

OP
OP
TJHUB

TJHUB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Thanks for the responses. I wasn't sure if I should just get it through the dealership, or some online vendor, or even if there are people who sell theirs for some reason.

I want this thing to be as open air as possible, so I know I want a full soft top.

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Thanks for the responses. I wasn't sure if I should just get it through the dealership, or some online vendor, or even if there are people who sell theirs for some reason.

I want this thing to be as open air as possible, so I know I want a full soft top.
It doesn't really matter where you get the soft top or what soft top you get (as long as you like it). What matters is that you're getting a hard top from the dealer so you aren't missing the connections for the rear washer, wiper and defroster.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

Thanks!
The best solution would be to take whatever top it comes with, sell it, use that money to get a mytop

I sold my textured hardtop for 1500 and I’m never going back since this is quieter and warmer.
Jeep Wrangler JL Soft Top Purchase C79E4B96-502B-4388-BFBD-CEE01B0FC83F

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
There are people who get the dual top and wind up never using the soft top and eventually sell it, essentially new, for a good price. Keep your eyes open and eventually one will come up.
If you don’t feel like waiting Bestop is the way to go. I had an issue with a Trektop NX on my JKU where the top was separating from the frame. They had me send a copy of my purchase order and a few photos. They sent out replacement parts in about a week without hassle. It was a great experience and I’ll buy from them again because of it.

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator

Thanks!
Make them throw in a soft top to close the deal!!!!!

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I purchased mine from Bamwholesale and it was 600 cheaper than anyone else! It is the Mopar premium top (twill) with tinted windows..I thought it was too good to be true. It wasn't! It was Just a good price, brand new in a giant box with all hardware delivered by a transport company.

Sponsored

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
I 2nd the MYTop it has dramatically changed the entire Jeep Experience for the better. Now we can put it down or up any time in about 10 seconds.

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with @Rico1111 . BAM Wholesale usually has the lowest prices on authorized Mopar accessories.

Otherwise, Quadratec is a great one-stop shop for aftermarket soft tops.

BTW, Bestop makes the soft tops for Jeep; it has for decades.

SKTexas

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara

Thanks!
I had them add the premium soft top to the sale. Got them to knock $100 off the price of the top. I really like the soft top. Super easy to take down or put up. The new window (no zipper) system is very nice too.

OP
OP
TJHUB

TJHUB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Sorry I disappeared for a bit. We had a death in the family and the funeral was this weekend. Huge family flew in from all over the country, so a very busy 4 days.

The JLUR purchase fell through, but I am picking up the new JL Wednesday. It's a long, loong story, but I went with a good deal on a new Sport Altitude. This does still leave me needing the soft top, so the search is on. Thanks for everyone's posts.

Pegleg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Vice President - Woburn Sportsmen's Association
I recently put a soft top on my JL. I went with a Bestop Trektop Ultra. No regrets.

20210522_111554.jpg

20210601_120023.jpg
Sponsored