Soft top production

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
soft top production must be in full gear. After driving through a local dealer, 99% of the JL inventory was soft top.
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Jeep was probably more concerned about having soft tops available in the summer, when they are more desirable, instead of launch. Glad to hear it though.

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
or it could be that all the hard tops sold and no one wants soft tops. I ordered a soft top, there were none around and I only wanted a couple options.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
I didn't notice but a couple at the dealer the other day.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Soft tops will be available for sale soon at dealers. I think the days of $2500.00 for a soft top is over. I have now seen them for under $2000.00 on different forums and not sold.

Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
^^^
Yes, $2500 for a soft top...OMG. Can’t believe people paid that and couldn’t wait. Oh well, supply and demand.

Can’t wait until bestop starts selling their options.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Places online have them priced at 2300 plus. For preorder , I got mine from a dealer in NC for 2200 shipped. That way I have a warranty on it.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Places online have them priced at 2300 plus. For preorder , I got mine from a dealer in NC for 2200 shipped. That way I have a warranty on it.
My dealer ordered one for me. He will give me the Jeep discount and I will get one for $2025.00. I'm in Fl and 2 dealers got them for there customers that I know of. I also didn't buy from someone else as I was worried about warranty. My vin number will not show that the Jeep came with the dual top group.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer ordered one for me. He will give me the Jeep discount and I will get one for $2025.00. I'm in Fl and 2 dealers got them for there customers that I know of. I also didn't buy from someone else as I was worried about warranty. My vin number will not show that the Jeep came with the dual top group.

I came out ok because they had to ship it. I could of got it for 2000 if I picked it up. But would of had tax on it and drove about 800 miles.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
JKU has frameless soft tops for as little as $699 brand new, WITH the sunrider feature included.

I'm holding out hope that somebody will make the same for the JLU by the time summer 2019 rolls around.

Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Bestop will. Various tops ranging from $699 to $2500 I bet. Frameless fastback tips to glide tops to full OEM tops to bikini only tops. It’s just a matter of time.

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
Last week when I was at my dealer they were up to 18 orders placed without a single one showing up since the JL launched. All were for customers that bought JLs off the lot that had hard tops. Glad I ordered the dual top group.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Last week when I was at my dealer they were up to 18 orders placed without a single one showing up since the JL launched. All were for customers that bought JLs off the lot that had hard tops. Glad I ordered the dual top group.
Over the next 6 months, it will be interesting to watch the price drop for used premium soft tops as supply and competition catch up. Paying $2500 for a soft top seems crazy.