Sponsored

Soft top Owners—where do you keep your windows?

CNX88

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Has anyone completely removed their soft top? I would like to remove mine and just run a bikini top (once a nice one is released). Just wondering how much work it is to remove the top?
It’s not too hard. Look on YouTube for soft top installation videos and do it in reverse. You can use the tool,kit that came with your JL
Sponsored

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
Not hard to remove the top at all. A few screws is all and a place to store the top.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Not hard to remove the top at all. A few screws is all and a place to store the top.
Ya, and I was planning on doing that... and then I fell in love with Safari mode. Its friggen rocks, just drove to the Lake with dogs and my daughter, and loved the open air with shade as it was 92+. It also is great on freeway, then you can drop top all the way once you get to trail or town.

Safari mode ftw!

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Ya, and I was planning on doing that... and then I fell in love with Safari mode. Its friggen rocks, just drove to the Lake with dogs and my daughter, and loved the open air with shade as it was 92+. It also is great on freeway, then you can drop top all the way once you get to trail or town.

Safari mode ftw!
I’ve had my new JL for only a few days and it’s been in safari set-up the entire time. The 2 door with the doors off, safari top, draws TONS of attention and comments.

It’s the coolest car on the road. No sunburn, no rear seatbelt slap.

My wife says it’s like using an outside shower? She’s nuts, but I can see what she means. I think?

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Has anyone completely removed their soft top? I would like to remove mine and just run a bikini top (once a nice one is released). Just wondering how much work it is to remove the top?
It shouldn’t be hard. I have dual tops and putting it on took about 45 minutes. Not bad for the 1st time while watching a video. Quadratec has a video on YouTube. If you leave some of the brackets on, it will take even less time.

Sponsored

Matt2036

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
Are you selling the bags? If so what would price be?
20180718_224308.jpg
20180718_224905.jpg
We store ours behind the front seats from the headrests and on our garage wall. My wife has been making these bags for a couple weeks now and it's definitely working well!

ShariJoy

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sahara JLU
I googled BJane Designs and it says "BJane Designs is Taking A Break". Not sure if I found the right place though.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
My JLU Sahara came with no soft top just the hard-top, so I found a member here on the forum with a Soft Top for sale and just purchased it. Now I am in Washington and will not even install the soft top until next April/May. Storing the top and frame itself is easy on the wall of the Garage, however the windows are a bigger challenge. In many of the popular Jeep part sites/stores they only obvious option was the Mopar window bag at $170 which is way overpriced for a canvas bag and even then with the windows stored in it it is too big to fit in the back of the Jeep.

After looking at other options like various JK bags I found this on on Amazon for $49, I figured what the hell I will give it a try.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OMRK4M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61Vj3NmaKEL._SL1500_.jpg

The bag arrived and I was impressed with the quality and the size assuming the windows fit, actually fits like a glove in the cargo area of the JLU.

Below are pictures of the windows in the bag:

1st Side window
Windows%201_zps7gvsdqvo.jpg

Second side window
windows%202_zpsvazz9lzz.jpg

For the back window I removed the bottom bar and then Used a light weight packing blanket rolled up with a couple straps, and since the window was too long I used the rolled up blanket for support so I could fold the back window without it creasing.

Windows%204_zpsqoua7unq.jpg

Window%203-5_zpsvu9jh73x.jpg

Here it is all windows stored in the bag, as you can see it fits perfectly in the cargo area or can be hung or stood up

Windows%205_zpsajeua1zl.jpg

Windows%206_zpsuxsy8ej8.jpg

I also installed the Slipstream cargo security system and the bag fits perfectly

Slip%203_zps03d7lk5c.jpg

slip%2011_zps4jkcbep6.jpg

There is even room left over for other items like a Bikini top or ???

Matt2036

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
That is a really good design. If she is still making them can you Tell me what they are selling for. We may be interested. Thank you very much

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I think I was one of the first ones here to buy one. It's been good, no real complaints. I would add a few tweaks but overall a solid bag. I'm not sure if they are still making the bags. I do have Daniels (his wife makes them) Facebook info if you want to try to get ahold of him

20190310_185210.jpg

Boyceware

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Wow I can’t believe I’m the only person who’s never taken his back window off the soft top since March of 2017. I remember it was a pain in the neck lining up the double zipper so when October came in I just rolled it into the 2 straps bar and all and stored the soft top that way. I figured come spring if it’s ruined from being rolled for 6 mos I’ll get another. Happy to report that it unrolls just fine. As for my side windows, right in the cargo area. If we go food shopping I lay them over the spare tire, place all the bags into the cargo area and just lay the 2 windows on top of the bags. Before you ask, no they have not “lifted up” while on the highway. Ive checked a hundred times at 75 and they lay on top of the bags like a rug.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
I think I was one of the first ones here to buy one. It's been good, no real complaints. I would add a few tweaks but overall a solid bag. I'm not sure if they are still making the bags. I do have Daniels (his wife makes them) Facebook info if you want to try to get ahold of him

20190310_185210.jpg
How do you like the Jtops soft top boot storage bag?

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
How do you like the Jtops soft top boot storage bag?
Works perfectly for storing the top and works good when on the Jeep. I don't use it a lot when just throwing back the top but I will use it when I know the top will be down for a while. I'd buy it again.
Sponsored