Sponsored

Soft top Owners—where do you keep your windows?

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 5-Series, Honda Civic, Honda Minivan
Soft top Owners—where do you keep your windows? Roll it? Lay it down? Bend it? How do you store them while driving with passengers :whatsgoingon:
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Soft top Owners—where do you keep your windows?
Bend over, and I’ll show you. :cwl:

(Best line in Christmas Vacation.)

I keep mine in my basement. My storage bag is on backorder...

OP3NROAD

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara & 2014 Cherokee
I have the same debate. The first time I just laid them in the back. The next time I laid the side panels in the back but rolled the back up and hung it in the elastic loops that hang from the back of the soft top. Rolling the back panel up did not leave any marks on the window itself and it hung just fine even while folding the top back and leaving it open for two days. I may try rolling the side panels into the back window tomorrow and seeing how that works, just not sure what the hard plastic corners will do? Does anyone know what the 2 velcro straps are for that came with the soft top?
A nice design would have been a pocket on the back side of the seats that the two side panels could slide into to keep the protected. Unfortunately, I live in an area where typically you can not just leave the top and sides at home, you never know when the weather will change and you can not trust a forecaster. :sun::rain:

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Why, in the Soft Top Window Storage bag FCA sells as an option!

Wait....that's STILL not available yet, even at the new higher price;)

(I try to lay them as flat as possible in the cargo area.)

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Hi everyone. This is the Loch ness Monster, call me Nessie.

I'm writing to share my disappointment in that the rare but documenting sightings of the FCA JL soft window storage bag is stealing attention away from me!

You know, my legend's been around since 1933. I came first! The Wrangler JL is less than a year old! And unlike the 2nd reincarnation of the bag, still not seen, it does not cost more money to come out and try to see me!

Priorities!!!;)

Sponsored

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
I have the same debate. The first time I just laid them in the back. The next time I laid the side panels in the back but rolled the back up and hung it in the elastic loops that hang from the back of the soft top. Rolling the back panel up did not leave any marks on the window itself and it hung just fine even while folding the top back and leaving it open for two days. I may try rolling the side panels into the back window tomorrow and seeing how that works, just not sure what the hard plastic corners will do? Does anyone know what the 2 velcro straps are for that came with the soft top?
A nice design would have been a pocket on the back side of the seats that the two side panels could slide into to keep the protected. Unfortunately, I live in an area where typically you can not just leave the top and sides at home, you never know when the weather will change and you can not trust a forecaster. :sun::rain:
They won’t fly out laying them in the back? I’m flying to pick up my Jeep and want to drive with the top down on the way home...so I also need a solution.

drewloving

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
So do you roll the back up without taking it off the roof, or detach it, roll it up, then hang it up?

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I lay them as flat as I can in the back. They do not fly out

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
They won’t fly out laying them in the back? I’m flying to pick up my Jeep and want to drive with the top down on the way home...so I also need a solution.
They won’t fly out.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
On my JKU Bestop SuperTop NX I lay my side windows under the carpet mat. I leave the rear window rolled up and hanging from the straps.
Here is my YouTube post of how to raise, lower, and store the SuperTop NX

Sponsored

First Name
Harles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport
I've been bringing them inside when I take the windows off. A friend of mine gave me some soft blankets she wasn't using and I'm going to try and figure out something as soon as there's a nice weekend. I want to get some straps and try to roll it up and store behind the back seats.

drewloving

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Went to the dealer today - no JL window carrier in their computer yet...

Xingpao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I try to leave mine in the garage, but have laid them flat in back in a pinch. The rear is a bit long for it to fit easily.

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
I throw them in the back however they land. I take them off and put them on so often that I don’t have the time to care for them. They’re 2 months old and scratched to all hell, but that’s how they get eventually anyways, so I’m just expediting the process.

OP3NROAD

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara & 2014 Cherokee
So do you roll the back up without taking it off the roof, or detach it, roll it up, then hang it up?
Yeah, I take the back and sides off, roll the back window up leaving the bottom rail attached, then slide it into the elastic straps that are hanign from the top. No issue folding the top back into the convertible state, also no issue flipping the top back up when we want to. The only issue is the poor positioning and design wiring holder does get caught but I just remove it when I am putting the top down.
Sponsored