• Total voters

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
One touch, hands down is superior. I have a 2019 and ordering a new one now. Once you go One Touch, you'll never consider anything else. And you CAN add a roof rack, just make sure it has clearance.
And then with a rack that is that tall, make sure it clears your garage door opening...
Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Same concern then with the lift you put on your Jeep... And your tires...
That shouldn't be a concern unless you've got an extremely low garage door or a crapload of lift / huge tires. I'm on 37s, 3+" lift, and the massive ARS roof rack over my SOT.

Our 270 degree awning clears without any concern. Absolutely no way that our iKamper RTT would fit though. Not even close.

dstrahm

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daughter has SOT on her Sahara. She loves it, and brags about the one touch and done.
From my perspective (and I have driven it), it's equivalent to a sunroof. One of those big ones.

I ordered my Rubi with a soft top. I would never want anything different.

I ride a motorcycle, and drive a class A gas motorhome; noise doesn't bother me, and the Jeep is probably the quietest of my vehicles.
The top is open, or off, during the summer; so if it's hot outside, it's hot in the Jeep. Outside temp, cold, or hot, hasn't been an issue for me.
If I had had a place to store it, I probably would have ordered dual top. But now, I'm glad I didn't. After living with the soft top, I just don't see the hard top worth the effort.
Gotta love that V-10 engine! With peak torque near 4,000 rpm you might as well be flying a B-29! ??

dstrahm

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wasn’t even considering the SOT until we test drove one, then it was a required item. We drag our 2021JLUR all across the US and Canada fulltime motorhoming so we run into all kinds of weather and scenery. It’s also our only vehicle so wife insisted on the unlimited so we had room for passengers and satisfied her requirement for a “civil” vehicle when needed. The SOT goes from “civil” to very capable off-roader at the touch of a button, or multiple buttons as the trail requires. For those that have the SOT, try small adjustments of the SOT position and back window position to get a quite comfortable wind noise level at highway speeds. And don’t consider it a $4,000 option…look at the $ difference between what you were considering and the SOT. For us it came down to a $1,500 difference which paled in comparison to the total cost! Do you!

Sponsored

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
A SOT is nothing like a sunroof, as it retracts over both the front and rear seat areas and is far wider than any sunroof.

So easy to use, and paired with the 392 makes for very fun trips home after a dreary day at the salt mine.

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
Sky One Touch is my favorite feature on my Jeep. I open and close the roof several times a day. I had a rental with a hard top and quickly got tired on taking the panels on and off and leaving storage room for them in the trunk. Highly recommend if your Jeep is a daily driver.

Silver TT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Cayenne GTS, 23 Raptor 37, 23 M4 Cab, 23 Denali
As far as price goes, it comes with a body-colored roof, so it's not really as expensive as it first looks for people wanting that too.

I'm not sure why you think a roof rack can't be added:
XcwL1Qrb27tEcNV6TB9Jw0=w2283-h1719-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

We'll typically open / close the SOT several times on a trip as conditions vary. Zero regrets on choosing it.
Which rack is that? Looks great. We also went with the SOT for our 2024 392 and I was a little bummed when I heard we could not put a traditional roof rack on for a roof top tent, but this looks like a good solution, albeit a bit more time and effort to take on/off should you ever want to do that it would seem.

racerdude90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My two cents:
If you care about the money, Soft top.
If you don’t, get whatever you think has the cooler look to it! They should both be fun in their own way. (I’m glad that one person asked what it was because I had no idea either)

Sponsored

Riotfunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Willys with 2 Doors
The premium soft top is really nice. There’s a negligible noise difference between it and the hardtop. Also not a big temperature difference in the winters.
I’ve run both in the northeast. I’ve also had less issues with the soft tops than the hardtops.
The retractable roof is the soccer mom option. Buy a Cherokee then

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Which rack is that? Looks great. We also went with the SOT for our 2024 392 and I was a little bummed when I heard we could not put a traditional roof rack on for a roof top tent, but this looks like a good solution, albeit a bit more time and effort to take on/off should you ever want to do that it would seem.
Yeah, you definitely don't want to take this sucker off. It's a beast. Note that you need to disconnect it up front and rotate it back whenever you replace the windshield.

https://adventureracksystems.com/jl-wrangler-4door-pro-rack-system-sky-top-edition.html

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
I think there is one thing that everybody forgets about the SOT.

It’s really not much more open roof than the sunrider position……. And the sunrider position you can open from the drivers seat.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I think there is one thing that everybody forgets about the SOT.

It’s really not much more open roof than the sunrider position……. And the sunrider position you can open from the drivers seat.
I'm wondering if you've ever used a SOT. The two aren't even close.

JL ME

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys ,2006 Roadking , 2008 Hayabusa
Occupation
Industrial Maintenance
It's a jeep! Soft top is the only choice.
Sponsored