Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Soft tops are usually easy to find on a local classified section. I got mine off a guy who ordered dual top group and then decided not to use the soft top. I got it for a lot less than it was from factory, and never used.
oh yeah I bought a bestop supertop ultra and sold my hardtop for as much as the bestop.
Sponsored

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
If you might EVER want a fully functional hard top, order it from the factory. Unless you do the work yourself, it will cost you $4000 - $5000 to get a fully functional hard top. The cost of the top, freedom panel latching points, wiring and installing the wiring to make the wiper and defroster work alone could run $2000 or more. You can pick up a soft top way, way cheaper then that...

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
I got my Sahara with the soft top. I like the the convenience of it, but I don't like the look, the lack of security, or trying to keep it clean in the winter.

My 2023 which is on order will just have a hard top. So I voted hard top.

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
I don't care which one is standard, as long as the option exists for hard top in lieu of soft top for custom orders.

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU diesel sport, 2004 TJ rubicon
I am willing to trade my soft top for a hard top 2022 jlu sport located in Florida

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I have dual top. Each have advantages but HT is overall best IMHO. Quieter, more secure, easier access to back…important when camping, and still have freedom top option….and you can remove the roof entirely if you want open air experience from time to time.

Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR
I think it comes down to personal preference.

I prefer a soft top. I like the freedom of having it as closed up, or as opened up as I want. I have owned 5 jeeps now, and all had a soft top.

With that said, I ordered a hard top for my JLUR, since I'm planning some longer road trips, and its doubling as a family hauler.

I rigged up a cheap pully system in my garage and found a used soft top on facebook for $500. Time will tell if I am good about swapping tops, or if I just stick with the soft top all the time.

IMG-2461.jpg

IMG-2462.jpg

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
As a standard item—soft top. I’d of hated to have to pay more for a soft top as I’d never use my hard top. Hence why I didn’t go for the dual top option. Be a waste of $ and space to try and store something I’d never use.

Deleted member 59498

As a standard item—soft top. I’d of hated to have to pay more for a soft top as I’d never use my hard top. Hence why I didn’t go for the dual top option. Be a waste of $ and space to try and store something I’d never use.

How does the soft work in the heat? I always worry about the cold but never really considered Phoenix heat on soft v hard top.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
How does the soft work in the heat? I always worry about the cold but never really considered Phoenix heat on soft v hard top.
It works fine for me. I run the ac when it’s hot anyways so have no issues. I do recommend the hotheads liner they sell. I don’t notice a warm spot above my head until the temps hit 110+. It’s not bad though and the ac does a great job. I’ve run the soft top in 0° weather and +117 deg and no way I’d switch to a hard top. I’d say it’s personal preference really as some people I know would complain like crazy, as any little thing they’ll find an issue with. Others, like myself, have no issues with it.