Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
What part to you sounded like i denied it? I literally just said " yeah sorry I wish Jeep would be more reasonable with their prices" so yeah its no secret I'm not a fan of paying more for less. Like not getting power windows/locks and LEDS standard when even a freaking Kia Rio does. So what!

You want to bring it up in a Soft top/Hard top thread? Lol.
Relax man I am just messing with you. No need to bring Kia into the mix. These forums are already infested with millions of posts about the wannabe wrangler by wannabe jeepers. We start arguing about Kia we are gonna hit rock bottom.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Soft all day. The only reason we even have a hard top is because dual top is an option. I put it on for two months a year so my wife doesn’t feel we wasted money.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Relax man I am just messing with you. No need to bring Kia into the mix. These forums are already infested with millions of posts about the wannabe wrangler by wannabe jeepers. We start arguing about Kia we are gonna hit rock bottom.
So many things I can say but I won't.

Now back to our regular program Soft top/Hard top.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
I ordered mine with the hard top only. I just didn't take the soft top down enough on my last Jeep to want one on this Jeep. And after 7-8 years the soft top was basically shot and needed to be replaced. For a daily driver that has to deal with snow, I prefer the hard top. I may get an aftermarket soft top for this one eventually. But I'm not sure when or even if it will happen.

That's the good thing about having a Jeep. There's plenty of options for people to make it their own. Some are soft top only. Some are hard top only. Some have both. Get the top(s) you want and enjoy it your way.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Soft all day. The only reason we even have a hard top is because dual top is an option. I put it on for two months a year so my wife doesn’t feel we wasted money.
Yeah I would be the same way. Even if I had a Hard top I would rarely ever use it.

With that said if I didn't have a garage living in the Northeast and my Jeep was outside I would most likely install it around November and keep it on until March.

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

My thoughts, start with hard top, easier and far cheaper to get a soft top, especially when members sell nearly new ones for less than $800.
Hard top can be easily removed when the weather is nice.

much harder and expensive to goto hard top after the fact.

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
After a lifetime of owning hoopty's, not having a working rear defroster is just another day. So that particular bit never phases me.

I'm perfectly happy with my soft top so far, but when I was speccing out my jeep before I bought it and going back and forth between Willys and Rubi, I would always spec a rubi with hard top, and the willys with the soft top. Came down to looks for me more than anything. For whatever reason I think a 2 door rubicon looks better with the hard top. Don't know if it's the stance, or the wheels, or what. Who knows? I voted for soft top though because I have absolutely no complaints in my day to day life.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I like soft top standard to keep the barrier of entry into higher trims as low as possible. Also, it probably costs less to manufacture, so it wouldn’t make sense for a hard top to be standard equipment.

I also think you should still be able to get a stripped down Rubicon that’s basically a sport with lockers and sway bar disconnect with the option of adding the luxury items rather than them being standard.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad I have all my options, but I really only wanted the Rubicon for the beefier axles and lockers. The rest of my options were added with a “well I’m already here so I might as well…” mentality.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I just think soft top should be standard & the hard top as an option. Start with the basic. Then you add on options. Keeps base price lower. Some people are not interested in a hard top & wouldn’t want to pay the extra $$.
Exactly it keeps the price of the base jeep lower. More options to consumers.

Also the JL softtop is incredibly nice. My 2018 had it and I miss it a lot. Hardtop just happened to be more practical for us. Ive been wanting to buy a softtop but already have a toplift pro and anytime I am about to pull the trigger I think about new rock sliders or other offroad oriented upgrades.

Sponsored

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I Love that my Jeep came with the Soft top standard. How many feel the same? Or would you rather the Hard top come standard?
Dual top owner at purchase: I don't have strong opinions Viking but I would have liked Stellantis to have put in the "plumbing" for a hard top, or offered this option at purchase to soft top owners, given the relative ease of doing so when the vehicle's panels are better exposed during its build.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Dual top owner at purchase: I don't have strong opinions Viking but I would have liked Stellantis to have put in the "plumbing" for a hard top, or offered this option at purchase to soft top owners, given the relative ease of doing so when the vehicle's panels are better exposed during its build.
I agree with you 💯 % 👍

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i have the hard top mainly for security and living in the northeast. beside that its easier to pick up a soft top later on down the road.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
I'd like to have had the option for a soft top but after the snow and winter arguments along with the semi transparent plastic windows I suppose I'm okay that the rhd models we buy only have the hard top
I would like to pick up a summer soft top though for sure from someone who got a dual top group and will never use it :jk:

LazyJL

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2001 built XJ, 1997 near stock XJ
Occupation
Retired fabricator and mechanic
Bought the hard top for winter use and a Sunrider for the summer. Once the Sunrider was installed, it has not come off, even after several snowfalls. The Jeep's heater can overcome almost any cold condition I'm likely to encounter.
Sponsored