Sponsored

Soft top options for 2019 JL Unlimited?

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
Are the only options now the MOPAR OEM top and the Bestop Trektop NX? Am I right that the Trektop always has the back seats covered without the annoying task of taking the whole thing off?

I’m regretting not getting the dual top option since it is going to cost an extra $1000 or so to buy the MOPAR top.
Sponsored

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I have the same questions.

I read somewhere on here that at some point Bestop would sell the premium soft top as well but not certain of validity of that statement or timeline.

for now going (try to be) patient and wait for competition to hopefully drive that price down...

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
The Mopar top is the same as the bestop.

Yes those are the only two options available as of now.

And keep your eyes on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace, I found a brand new top for less than $1000.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
OP: Best to my knowledge you are correct in that there are 2 suppliers of soft tops *right now* FCA/MOPAR with its premium and basic soft top...and of course the recently released power soft top, and Bestop with its Trektop.

While all (except maybe the Power top: I don't know who makes that) are made by Bestop, the people at Bestop will kindly tell you, if you're so much as interested in a part for the OEM soft top that "while we make the top for FCA, any and all business related to it need be done through FCA/MOPAR."

I haven't heard that the OEM tops will at some point be directly purchasable from Bestop, but by no means does my absence of such 411 mean other poster's claims aren't legit.

@Covfefe is our board's resident expert on all things from the people at MyTop https://mytop.us/ . He may have news for us regarding when this additional power soft top will be available for sale. While I suspect it worth its price, its features are likely to make it expensive.

Let's not forget the Sunrider product from Bestop as well. A poster above suggests lack of dual top regret. This product can help alleviate such regret for those who opted for the hard top only. It may be the single favorite JL accessory, or near top of that list.

"The MOPAR top is the same as Bestop." Well Bestop makes all the soft tops, that's true (barring, maybe the power one) but the above distinctions of this post should be noted.

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
I’ll have to keep an eye out for soft tops. I’m not sure about the trektop nx. Thanks for the info everyone.

Sponsored

norjet

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nordicclick.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee Ltd.
Occupation
Digital Marketer, Volunteer Firefighter
Any updates here? It's now coming up on Mid-June and it still appears we've just a couple of choices for Soft-Tops.

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
You know as soon as you pay big money for the tops available someone will come out with something less expensive. I'm just looking for a bikini top that will keep the rain out. Rampage has one but doesn't have a windshield header for it yet. I thought about getting the cargo cover but saw the only tailgate bar available is the mopar and it's like $190 lol. I may just have to take my JK Bestop header and mod it to fit. Let's get a time machine and go ten years into the future to where all the JL accessories are dirt cheap. Who has a time machine?

Lil Punk'n

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangled jl sport
Occupation
Retired, School bus driver
Here is the trektop nx in both modes
20190528_182347.jpg
20190602_144017.jpg

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
I was in the same boat, while the factory top is hard to come by and has its limitations, the Bestop is available but has its own issues, the real difference being Bestop doesnt try to get away from providing warranty items, yes, they actually live up to their commitment and warranty.
I was able to purchase my top here from someone who wrecked theirs prior to even receiving the top, I got in new in box for $500 and theres a rebate heading my way for another $50.
Bestop has replaced the right rear window because it was missing the zipper pull, they then sent me the upgraded larger weather strip for the tailgate area and I recently received the entire top and a new rear window with the new design, if you havent figured it out yet I have almost two complete tops and I still have the remainder of the lifetime warranty, luckily for them I'm old.
The OEM top does allow folding down or convertible feel for the passengers and the Bestop doesnt, it really boiled down to cost, while I would love to allow the backseat folks to be topless I figured who cares they should be lucky they didnt have to call an UBER.
My back seat has been used once, for 15 minutes, the only reason we got the 4 door was to have the extra room to haul 4 of our dogs to the dog bar.

You wont be upset with the Bestop AND you will have a bunch of extra $$ to buy more stuff, if you arent in a hurry and look hard you will find a much better deal on the non OEM version, once installed you wont even look back, if you do those folks in the backseat wont have the sun on their face!

Lil Punk'n

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangled jl sport
Occupation
Retired, School bus driver
How was the install?
Really not bad, took about 3 hrs. Including the prep work. Just make sure you do it on a warm sunny day. That really helps to stretch the material.

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
or 45 minutes for the second one... they make it seem so complicated but its really beyond easy.

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My point was: Suntop's website has JL tops listed (not sold directly), ExtremeTerrain is listed as a vedor (only one in the USA), but ET doesn't have any on their website. I've seen posts from forum members who have purchased JL/JLU Suntops. So, unless the're not from the USA, they must be getting them from some place.
ET does have soft tops if you had gone to the link I posted you would have seen that. The link that YOU posted for ET showed that you searched for SUNTOP and there were no results.

norjet

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nordicclick.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee Ltd.
Occupation
Digital Marketer, Volunteer Firefighter
Morning all,

Just a note of thanks for all your commentary. Ironically, an OEM soft top popped up on CraigsList over the weekend and while the gentlemen is asking $1,800, it is $600 less than if I were to walk into the Dealership (incl. our lovely Minnesota tax). :)

Have a great day everyone!

Jeff
Sponsored