OP

josipmarcinko

First Name
Josip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2-door Sport
It's not that bad. I'm at work or I'd have taken step by step pics, but logistically it goes like this:

1. Remove bag from rear cargo area. Mine's usually folded in fourths.

2. Unfold and lay out on a flat area, with the pictogram/ zippered side up.

3. Unzip the bag and bring the front and the two felt dividers open towards you.

4. Undo the dovetails on the rear window, side and bottom, both sides.

5. Remove the left window first - undo the velcro tab, then undo the dovetail top to bottom, then front to rear until you get to the "c pillar". Unsnap, slide out and lay flat in the bag - the sides are structured to kind of encompass the c pillar.

6. Fold the first layer of felt back over said window and repeat step five for the right side window. Then fold the second layer of felt up over second window, and remove the rear window - you can pull the tailgate bar out, but do not stow in bag. Zip the bag up.

7. Lift bag and rotate so the front is facing out, then maneuver into rear cargo area. You will have to slightly curl/roll the sides where the c pillars are.

8. Take the locking strap and run it through the loops at the top of the rear seat. Tighten to your preferred spec. End result will look somewhat like this:

20200802_202522.jpg

20200802_202527.jpg

20200802_202532.jpg

Sorry if that was a bit obtuse, but I figured a step by step walk through might help you picture it. If you'd like, I can take pics for each step when I get home. I haven't noticed any extra wear or scratching on the windows, still looking good.
Thanks for the great photos!
This bag looks sweet - could you link to where you got it online? Or should I go to the dealership?
Sweet thanks!!
Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Talk to your dealer, they might be able to throw in the bag for free. Mine did a few months after I bought the jeep.

OP
OP

josipmarcinko

First Name
Josip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Talk to your dealer, they might be able to throw in the bag for free. Mine did a few months after I bought the jeep.
I got the jeep with a hard top, but never got the freedom panel bag and have been waiting for it for months haha I’m guessing they won’t give me the soft top bag as well haha

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Have you asked them? I don't think the bags were thrown in for the 2 door. At least none of mine were.

OP
OP

josipmarcinko

First Name
Josip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you asked them? I don't think the bags were thrown in for the 2 door. At least none of mine were.
At least with the hard top, when I looked at the sticker price with all the features included, this also had the freedom top bag listed, but I never ended up getting it when I picked up the car, and so they ordered one for me

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)

CoughenPower

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Jeep Wrangler Sport S

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Does anyone know of a fold down soft top for a 2 door JL wrangler? My best friend has a 4 door and his top folds down. I currently have a hard top but would like to get a soft top for road trips. I came across the JL fastback top on suntopusa's site (https://thesuntopusa.com/collections/jl-2-door/products/jl-fastback-top-2-door)but I cant tell if it folds down or you have to remove the whole top? TIA!
Besttop has a number of options that will fold, as will the OEM Mopar top.

CoughenPower

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I checked with besttop and none of their 2 door models fold down. It appears the only option for a fold down 2 dr top is the Genuine Mopar soft top 2 door premium https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82215804-fs.html
Its a shame because I just can't justify spending over $2,000 on a top just so it can fold down.

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm waiting for a slant back foldable top for the 2 door myself.

harryG

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 renegade, 2021 willys (on order)
Bestop makes the OEM top. You can’t go wrong, there. I have the factory “premium” soft top on my 2dr and it’s fantastic.
I have the same premium top and love it.

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
...the only option for a fold down 2 dr top is the Genuine Mopar soft top 2 door premium...
Isn't the Genuine Mopar soft top 2 door standard also a fold down?

CoughenPower

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isn't the Genuine Mopar soft top 2 door standard also a fold down?
Possibly but its still $1,950! The trektop from best top comes in at $849 which is far more reasonable. But does not fold down.
Sponsored