First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
You oughtta look at the Mopar window bag. It is pricey, but if I had five bucks for every time I've taken the windows out or put them back in, the bag would've paid for itself within the past month. I've experienced no window deformation, no bag sag, no scratches. And others that have had it far longer report the same. It's a critical piece to the OEM soft top, they really should supply it with every Jeep equipped with it from the factory and just roll the cost into it.
The logistics seem baffling to me on this... So, when I take my windows off, I'm holding onto the panel with one hand, but all I can really do is let it drape down (the sides are like 4ft long and floppy, right?)... How can I now manipulate a bag to deposit this panel into? The bag, what, hangs from the rear seat headrests? But it's got an opening large enough so I can hold the covered-in-dirt, kinda-too-wide for the cargo area window panel with two hands and slip it inside without it getting scratched or deformed while this floppy panel is standing vertically.. I mean, you've obviously had success with this, but it seems to defy logic. Maybe I need to buy this bag and experience the engineering wonders myself.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The sides kinda fold on the bag, so when it's on the seats it looks like a c

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Check out Suntop for the JL ; they have a much better choice than Bestop, including Tonneau, extended Roadster Top, and Fastback. Also squared off version. Their tops are modular, meaning you can get Windows later. Colors available as well.
There is no Suntop soft top for a 2-door JL.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
The logistics seem baffling to me on this... So, when I take my windows off, I'm holding onto the panel with one hand, but all I can really do is let it drape down (the sides are like 4ft long and floppy, right?)... How can I now manipulate a bag to deposit this panel into? The bag, what, hangs from the rear seat headrests? But it's got an opening large enough so I can hold the covered-in-dirt, kinda-too-wide for the cargo area window panel with two hands and slip it inside without it getting scratched or deformed while this floppy panel is standing vertically.. I mean, you've obviously had success with this, but it seems to defy logic. Maybe I need to buy this bag and experience the engineering wonders myself.
It's not that bad. I'm at work or I'd have taken step by step pics, but logistically it goes like this:

1. Remove bag from rear cargo area. Mine's usually folded in fourths.

2. Unfold and lay out on a flat area, with the pictogram/ zippered side up.

3. Unzip the bag and bring the front and the two felt dividers open towards you.

4. Undo the dovetails on the rear window, side and bottom, both sides.

5. Remove the left window first - undo the velcro tab, then undo the dovetail top to bottom, then front to rear until you get to the "c pillar". Unsnap, slide out and lay flat in the bag - the sides are structured to kind of encompass the c pillar.

6. Fold the first layer of felt back over said window and repeat step five for the right side window. Then fold the second layer of felt up over second window, and remove the rear window - you can pull the tailgate bar out, but do not stow in bag. Zip the bag up.

7. Lift bag and rotate so the front is facing out, then maneuver into rear cargo area. You will have to slightly curl/roll the sides where the c pillars are.

8. Take the locking strap and run it through the loops at the top of the rear seat. Tighten to your preferred spec. End result will look somewhat like this:

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft Top Options for 2-door JL Sport 20200802_202522

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft Top Options for 2-door JL Sport 20200802_202527

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft Top Options for 2-door JL Sport 20200802_202532

Sorry if that was a bit obtuse, but I figured a step by step walk through might help you picture it. If you'd like, I can take pics for each step when I get home. I haven't noticed any extra wear or scratching on the windows, still looking good.

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nerd
It's not that bad. I'm at work or I'd have taken step by step pics, but logistically it goes like this:

3. Unzip the bag and bring the front and the two felt dividers open towards you.

5. Remove the left window first - undo the velcro tab, then undo the dovetail top to bottom, then front to rear until you get to the "c pillar". Unsnap, slide out and lay flat in the bag - the sides are structured to kind of encompass the c pillar.

6. Fold the first layer of felt back over said window and repeat step five for the right side window. Then fold the second layer of felt up over second window, and remove the rear window - you can pull the tailgate bar out, but do not stow in bag. Zip the bag up.

7. Lift bag and rotate so the front is facing out, then maneuver into rear cargo area. You will have to slightly curl/roll the sides where the c pillars are.

8. Take the locking strap and run it through the loops at the top of the rear seat. Tighten to your preferred spec. End result will look somewhat like this:

Sorry if that was a bit obtuse, but I figured a step by step walk through might help you picture it. If you'd like, I can take pics for each step when I get home. I haven't noticed any extra wear or scratching on the windows, still looking good.
No, not obtuse.. I think the part I was missing was the need for a work surface to load/unload the bag... I mean, I guess I could set up shop in a parking lot somewhere? The bag is probably nicer to deal with the sides than nothing at all, but I'd damn near need to pack a folding table too. Either way, it seems like the Jeep designers or Bestop was like "meh I don't care" when someone said "WTF do I do with the sides?"

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
No, not obtuse.. I think the part I was missing was the need for a work surface to load/unload the bag... I mean, I guess I could set up shop in a parking lot somewhere? The bag is probably nicer to deal with the sides than nothing at all, but I'd damn near need to pack a folding table too. Either way, it seems like the Jeep designers or Bestop was like "meh I don't care" when someone said "WTF do I do with the sides?"
I think it's the tradeoff in what seems to be a significantly longer Jeep in the JL. Either longer rear windows or bigger front doors. Most days if my windows are out, they stay out all day, and I've only done the removal and install in my driveway. It is a bulky thing, but at the same time any relatively flat area of ground will do - parking space, dirt, flat grass, etc. Definitely a more involved process than past soft tops I think, but since this is square one for me Jeep-wise, I don't notice it as much. Beats stacking them between folds of a blanket and leaving them in my garage, almost had that bite me in the ass a few times!

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I love my premium soft top! It looks really nice too. I agree the soft top window bag is a must, keeps everything protected. There are step by step instructions either in the manual or a little pamphlet (I can’t remember) that shows you in what order to take the windows off and in which section of the bag to lay them down. There are also Illustrated instructions on the bag. If you follow the instructions it’s easier and the windows lay in the bag nicely.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nerd
I think it's the tradeoff in what seems to be a significantly longer Jeep in the JL. Either longer rear windows or bigger front doors. Most days if my windows are out, they stay out all day, and I've only done the removal and install in my driveway. It is a bulky thing, but at the same time any relatively flat area of ground will do - parking space, dirt, flat grass, etc. Definitely a more involved process than past soft tops I think, but since this is square one for me Jeep-wise, I don't notice it as much. Beats stacking them between folds of a blanket and leaving them in my garage, almost had that bite me in the ass a few times!
Yes, I have the stack of blankets and windows in my garage every time it's not raining outside.

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I thought I had seen it. They had one at sema or something. Does anyone have a review on them?

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Yes, I have the stack of blankets and windows in my garage every time it's not raining outside.
Haha, I'm telling you man, having done it both ways the bag is superior.
Ah. Thanks!

When I googled suntop, I found this site at the top of the (non-sponsored) search list.

http://www.thesuntop.com/products/jeep.aspx

I didn't notice the "USA" site because it was a sponsored link and I usually ignore those.
Now that you mention it, I think I read that in a previous thread! Wasn't trying to be an ass, I just was reading through this thread and at the bottom it immediately showed their ad with the Mojito 2 door. I was like, "that can't be right!" :LOL:

OP
OP

josipmarcinko

First Name
Josip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2-door Sport

Thanks for the great photos!
This bag looks sweet - could you link to where you got it online? Or should I go to the dealership?