FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This might have been covered, if so just let it die or point me to where and I will delete this thread.

I have not yet seen a good in depth soft top video or pictures that shows exactly how the rear windows operate. I know how they remove and install...but what exactly keeps it all together? Do the back and side windows slide on some kind of plastic tube or something or is it a J hook system? How do they interlock?!

I know we have a few members with a soft top now, please educate!
Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
X2 Are they even available yet. Does any have 1?

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
X2 Are they even available yet. Does any have 1?
yes we have a few members that took delivery of soft top onlys (and dual tops)

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
This video begins with removing them

I've queued this video about the JL's soft top at around the place where the rear windows are put back on

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
It's really a cool throwback to the M38A1, you can not only fold the windshield down, you can slide it off the vehicle entirely. Two person job, but forward visibility would be enhanced. A storage sleeve from Aftermarket, please !

Sponsored

Sconi Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hardrock
I was at a dealer yesterday looking at a JL with a hard top. There was some confusion if I bought this one with the hardtop would I be able to get a full soft top later, not the power top, and be able to switch them back and forth with the seasons like my current Hardrock. Any help and l maybe buying a new JL tomorrow..

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I was at a dealer yesterday looking at a JL with a hard top. There was some confusion if I bought this one with the hardtop would I be able to get a full soft top later, not the power top, and be able to switch them back and forth with the seasons like my current Hardrock. Any help and l maybe buying a new JL tomorrow..
Yes, but it would be more expensive compared to ordering/purchasing one with the the Dual Top option (if you’re set on having the OEM soft top). You can buy aftermarket soft tops a little cheaper. Buying the hard top after purchasing the Jeep would be even more expensive though.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
If you’re in a hurry and it’s the jeep you want and it only has a hardtop then yes figure out how to buy a soft top later. But if you can wait absolutely order the duel top.

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
This might have been covered, if so just let it die or point me to where and I will delete this thread.

I have not yet seen a good in depth soft top video or pictures that shows exactly how the rear windows operate. I know how they remove and install...but what exactly keeps it all together? Do the back and side windows slide on some kind of plastic tube or something or is it a J hook system? How do they interlock?!

I know we have a few members with a soft top now, please educate!
You can see it in the second video. The top connection of all 3 panels is a tube in a channel. The other are V channels that work like the bottom channels on the JK soft top. The corners are hard plastic pieces that snap in. It is a great system much improved over the JK soft top. Only minor issue is that with the hard corners the removed panels will take more space to store
(And it is faster and easier for me than the guy in the second video who seems to fumble around reinstalling the side panels)

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
wired, how do you think you will store the soft windows in your jeep with these hard plastic corners? On my JK I have a roll up bag with felt sections for each window. I am guessing just keep them flat? Is there a Mopar bag for this?

Sponsored

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
There is a mopar bag you can order with the jeep now. I haven’t seen a pic of it but heard it was $65 MSRP. Can’t find it online.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Probably looking at $1,000 to $1,500 for aftermarket complete soft tops. Mopar probably $2,000+.

Definitely can be added later.
Sponsored