Agreed on that. Could be annoying specially when you have to open it and close it quite often during the day - I just leave it open and drive it like I stole it. Fak it. Lol
I bought mine with the dual package (since that's how it was built) but I put the soft top almost immediately and I've never looked back. Sometimes I think of selling my hard top since it's only collecting dust in the garage, and also very bulky.
- You can open to the sunrider position in less than 1 minute.
- you can lower the whole thing in less than 5.
- put it back up in a blink of an eye.
- Honestly, you look way cooler when you have the top down.
- If you want to go naked, the windows aren't as bulky and heavy as the freedom panels on the hardtop... and we all know you cannot get the hard top off your Jeep by yourself, whereas the soft top is easy-peacy.
- Back window is a PIA.
- Noise level. Let me put it this way, in a scale from 1 to 10 where 1 is bad and 10 is good - I'd give the wind noise a 5... maaaaybe a 4 if you are going 70+ MPH, but c'mon it's a Wrangler, so chances are you will only do this once or twice in your lifetime, lol. The few days I was running the hardtop, the wind noise was also noticeable so in reality there's not a very dramatic difference between these two.
OP - Go for it! Fak it. YOLO.
We put the seat heaters on at 65° and below. People don’t realize that getting used to 105°+ in the summer changes your perspective on what is cold. I am removing the hard top before Christmas and switching to the soft top. Will see if I ever switch back. If I don’t all future Jeeps will only have the soft top.oh - and it can get kinda chilly at night... but what do I know about chilly? I live in AZ so whenever it gets below 70 - I am already putting a jacket on
I still open the windows if the temperature is above 0°F, forget heated seats .We put the seat heaters on at 65° and below. People don’t realize that getting used to 105°+ in the summer changes your perspective on what is cold. I am removing the hard top before Christmas and switching to the soft top. Will see if I ever switch back. If I don’t all future Jeeps will only have the soft top.