JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
So here is my question,,
I would love to put the side rails down,, like people say, more of a cleaner look...
So maybe 2 doors are different, but when i release the wheels from the top track, the side rails only go about 1/2 way down..

It hits the mechanism that locks the top that i circled gets in the way,,,

Am i doing something wrong?

1 thing i saw in my 2 door vs the 4 door- the locking device is on the inside of the rollbar on the 4 door, but on my 2 door, it is on the outside..

I wonder if that is normal?? Maybe?

Any help? Please... and Thank you

TOP Q.JPG
Did you find a solution? I would like to do the same when I get my 2 door
Sponsored

Chris.steger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Did you find a solution? I would like to do the same when I get my 2 door
Hey Jimmy,

I did not....

I guess the 2 doors are built with the mechanism on the outside of the roll bar, so the top braces will not lay down flat.

Kind of a bummer- Looks unfinished in my opinion..

I guess just use the velcro straps to hold the top together when it is locked in place...

Another win for the 2 doors-
Wish they tops would lay down...

rfranny

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2-dr
Anybody have experience going Safari on the highway? I have a 2-dr and have tried having the soft top half down but I found things get a bit squirrelly on the highway because it’s essentially like having a sail on top of my Jeep. I want to take the windows out for the summer but have a 60km drive into work (mostly highway) when I have to go in. Any feedback appreciated!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Anybody have experience going Safari on the highway? I have a 2-dr and have tried having the soft top half down but I found things get a bit squirrelly on the highway because it’s essentially like having a sail on top of my Jeep. I want to take the windows out for the summer but have a 60km drive into work (mostly highway) when I have to go in. Any feedback appreciated!
I do safari on the highway in my 2dr all the time. It’s fine.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking about 4 door no problem at interstate 80 mph speeds running safari mode.

Sponsored

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
No tips but I love safari mode.

EA45DCAD-34C3-4945-B755-3C3F2D7DCD9C.jpeg
How's Safari Mode at speeds of 60-80? Really want a 2 door with the soft top so i can use it in Safari mode, but my commute is mostly highway. Any input would be appreciated.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How's Safari Mode at speeds of 60-80? Really want a 2 door with the soft top so i can use it in Safari mode, but my commute is mostly highway. Any input would be appreciated.
It’s awesome. Love my 2dr PST

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now that I think about it... I don't know. I did it many times without a problem.
You’re tempting fate. You will eventually lose your side windows. Manual explicitly says not to remove or roll up the back window. It’s literally what holds the sides in place.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Someone needs to make a strap with two tabs to hold the bottom of side windows in place, mimicking what the bottom of back window does.

Rubyeagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 2017 Dodge Challenger T/A 392
Great thread! Does anyone perhaps have a recommendation on a good front seat wind blocker? You see them like a shield between the front seats on Mercedes convertibles and aftermarket ones on Miatas. With the Sunrider open and windows down the ability to keep that wind tunnel type blast coming from the rear would be perfect!

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Great thread! Does anyone perhaps have a recommendation on a good front seat wind blocker? You see them like a shield between the front seats on Mercedes convertibles and aftermarket ones on Miatas. With the Sunrider open and windows down the ability to keep that wind tunnel type blast coming from the rear would be perfect!
Couldn’t find a single one for the wrangler. Might have to use a generic one https://amzn.to/3g1Y9sD
Jeep Wrangler JL Soft Top Lovers Club- Tips and Tricks 6A456201-43A5-41D4-804E-08DF1577678A
Sponsored