Soft top is a pain in the a$#

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
So I am about to order my JL, never had a soft trip but found I have my hard top off on my jk as much as possible and I live in fear of a rain storm lol even though I live in socal..

2 questions
Can you leave a sunshade on and put the top up and down with out taking it off?

I saw in a video that getting into the trunk is awkward because you have to put out the back window, can anyone give me feedback on how impractical that is in real life? I have 2 kids and when not wheeling my Jeep twice a month it kid taxi, with sports gear, beach supplies, bikes, scooters, etc coming in and out of it several times a day..

Thanks guys
I have a Spiderweb shade and leave it on and can put the soft top up with it in place. They have a version for the soft top.

I don’t remove the rear window entirely, just undo the sides and use the included elastic loops to hold the bottom bar (the window will fold back into the Jeep like a taco). It’s not as convenient, but I love the soft top so much I don’t care. Then again, my only kid at home has four paws and fur :), so I don’t have to do that as frequently.
Sponsored

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
I have found that even when it rains I don't need to have the back windows in. The back area gets wet but the cabin stays dry.
Love hearing this, thanks!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Love hearing this, thanks!
You won’t get wet but if it pours in there it can get a little musty so be sure to dry it out when you get a chance.

arcticaaron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I just run the soft top with no windows all summer. If it rains flip the top up in about 20 seconds and barely any rain gets in and it dries out quick.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I'm looking forward to my first summer with the 2-door soft top. I'm hoping to pull the windows and run it bikini style. If I can swing some tube doors between now and then, they'll be on too... thereby ensuring we'll have the coldest, rainiest summer ever recorded... :)

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I just run the soft top with no windows all summer. If it rains flip the top up in about 20 seconds and barely any rain gets in and it dries out quick.
It gets pretty musty carpets back there if you trust the “let it naturally dry” method. It sucks Jeep didn’t give us an option for rain proof interiors like Bronco does.
Sponsored