Sponsored

Soft top flapping and coming up

frankmorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Newbie question here:

I’ve folded my 2019 JL soft top back and secured it in the locked position. The bottom part is locked in, as in the entire soft top can’t come up, but the top/front part of the soft top can still be lifted, and I’m noticing it’s catching wind when driving, elevating, and partially blocking my rear view.

Is this normal? Am I missing a lock or click somewhere so this doesn’t happen?
Sponsored

Dawn Patrol

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Mine doesn't lift when it is in the locked position-just make sure after you put it in the lock position you push down on each side until you hear a click. My Jeep also came with tie down straps to wrap around the rails on the side to keep it secure. I haven't found the need to use them. I take mine on the highway and it stays down.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
You can always buy some 1" x 36" velcro straps. A pair runs around $5. I have a secure cover in back so my soft top doesn't latch down and two simple straps keep the wind from catching the top.

toeshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Mine does it a little bit, even after the arms are locked and I get the “clicks”. I just use the Velcro straps that came with it for peace of mind though I don’t really think the top will go anywhere.

OP
OP

frankmorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
So what actually seems to be happening is the top flap of cloth is flapping - not any of the metal parts. So I don’t get the sense it’s dangerous or the piece could come off, but just annoying to see the cloth lifting up in the wind. Seems a bit overkill to tie it down every time.
Sponsored