• Total voters

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Hi Jank, Did you get this cover yet? I have been looking for exactly this thing but I am not seeing on the webpage you posted that its for the JL. Can you please confirm? Also, you mentioned its held on by bolts? That sounds like a giant pain. Maybe I read your message wrong. Sorry for all the questions but the website leaves many unanswered.
@jconradtx - had a change of heart and I just ordered the Rain Gear trail cover. Looks to be thicker and should be a little higher quality. Guess I'll find out.

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Context:

I have a hard top and am installing a hoist in garage thus taking it on and off is simpler.

Looking for a soft top simply to protect against rain popups.

Found a sailcloth for sale so like @wordslayer if my intent is for it to mostly be down and run a sunshade under does the less premium version matter as much? Gut and wallet lean to no...

Unty

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Similar question.
Just found a great deal on a new oem sailcloth top. Wife wants a soft top for summer but I can’t seem to find much info on the sailcloth (nor can I even find any photos / great comparisons). Not sure I want to spend another $700 for twill.
Thoughts from anyone that has seen/used the sail cloth one?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I just got the Mopar twill soft top myself. While I wish they'd use a different material for the windows that doesn't scratch when you look at it wrong, I'm a huge fan of the design changes they made from the JK top. Running it as a safari top is awesome. I don't find it any quieter than the regular material, but it certainly looks nicer.

jlsofttop.jpg

Sponsored

DeborahB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Just got the trektop nx in twill and installed it this weekend. The quality is very good and love the bikini/safari top. I live in Phoenix so keeping your head shaded is a must.

AA664D61-7466-44FA-B810-878995A950E4.jpeg

4B39AD4B-6969-4B4F-B751-D20993A84647.jpeg

37336A6A-8EF9-402E-90A2-54E6BA7CE73F.jpeg

JB4818

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon; 2022 Ram 1500 Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
Similar question.
Just found a great deal on a new oem sailcloth top. Wife wants a soft top for summer but I can’t seem to find much info on the sailcloth (nor can I even find any photos / great comparisons). Not sure I want to spend another $700 for twill.
Thoughts from anyone that has seen/used the sail cloth one?

Context:

I have a hard top and am installing a hoist in garage thus taking it on and off is simpler.

Looking for a soft top simply to protect against rain popups.

Found a sailcloth for sale so like @wordslayer if my intent is for it to mostly be down and run a sunshade under does the less premium version matter as much? Gut and wallet lean to no...
I bought the Mopar Sail Cloth instead of buying the Twill. Installed it 9 days ago. Except for the one rainy day in the past week, I have driven with it open to some extent each time. For the past 4 days, I have not even had the window on. I would say that it is not worth the extra money for the Twill, when you have the hardtop to put on for consistent bad weather. I cannot comment to the noise difference between the Twill and Sail Cloth, but most of the noise fully closed at highway speeds comes through the windows and is from the other cars and not a much the wind. The Sail Cloth is still the new design soft top with the zipper-less windows and Safari Mode. It is very easy to use. The one thing I like more than the Trek top is the ability to put it all the way down.

20190419_195720.jpg

AJB88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willy's Unlimited
I bought the Mopar Sail Cloth instead of buying the Twill. Installed it 9 days ago. Except for the one rainy day in the past week, I have driven with it open to some extent each time. For the past 4 days, I have not even had the window on. I would say that it is not worth the extra money for the Twill, when you have the hardtop to put on for consistent bad weather. I cannot comment to the noise difference between the Twill and Sail Cloth, but most of the noise fully closed at highway speeds comes through the windows and is from the other cars and not a much the wind. The Sail Cloth is still the new design soft top with the zipper-less windows and Safari Mode. It is very easy to use. The one thing I like more than the Trek top is the ability to put it all the way down.

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft Top decission: MOPAR sailcloth or Twill or Trektop NX 20190419_195720
@JB4818 are you still happy with the sail cloth top? I have a 2021 JLU Willy's w hard top and looking to get a Mopar soft-top for the summer months in the Northeast. I understand the two soft tops function the same way and the difference is only in the material. $1575 for the sail cloth and $2250 for the twill...you still think the sail cloth is holding up well and it's not worth the extra $700 for the twill? Thanks!

JB4818

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon; 2022 Ram 1500 Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
@JB4818 are you still happy with the sail cloth top? I have a 2021 JLU Willy's w hard top and looking to get a Mopar soft-top for the summer months in the Northeast. I understand the two soft tops function the same way and the difference is only in the material. $1575 for the sail cloth and $2250 for the twill...you still think the sail cloth is holding up well and it's not worth the extra $700 for the twill? Thanks!
Yes, we have had no issues with the sail cloth. The Jeep has about 35K miles on it and has had the soft top on for about 70% of the time. We still have the hardtop, but didn't even put it on for this "winter". However, winter for us has no snow, just rain. Also, this is a garage kept Jeep, especially with the soft top, but does sit out during the day at work in the sun. I have not noticed any fading, although it is, and always has been, slightly lighter black than the twill. If I had to buy it again, I would still buy the sail cloth.
Sponsored