First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
Automation lead
I have a 2019 JL Rubi 2-door with a hard top. Trying to plan ahead for when its not 30 degrees out and cloudy i'm trying to figure out what kind of soft top i want to get. When i had a 97 wrangler there was one choice, BestTop and it was much less than $1K. Now looking online i believe i have three options: Mopar Sailcloth $1,540, Mopar Twill $2,250 and the Bestop TrekTop NX for $800.

Does anyone have any strong opinions or guidance on which top to get? I don't mind the difference in price if there is a substantial upgrade in quality between the three options.

Please
Sponsored

gfrodge

First Name
GARY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I just purchased a twill JLU top for $1500. In your area you should be able to get one for that price too. Maybe have to drive couple of hrs. but worth it. Find someone who bought the Dual top package for a Rubicon and doesn't want the twill top. I even talked to my Salesman I bought my JLU from. Told him I would give someone $1300 for the top and give him $200 for hooking me up on the deal. The top only cost another $1000 if you get the hard top and add the dual top as an option. So the Customer would be getting $300 just by adding the Duel top option. I don't know anyone who wouldn't want $300 free. Also look in the Members Marketplace Exterior Parts on this site. Might be able to find one here. That is where I found mine. GOOD LUCK finding one.

Swadehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock, 2019 Rubicon, 2023 392
JL does not have a dual top option like JLU does, so there aren't many soft tops available.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
You should get the Premium Soft Top because that's what I got.

Sponsored

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Bestop is the OEM manufacturer of soft tops for Jeep, and I have their sunrider and the quality and customer service seems to be excellent. My vote would be for Bestop

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
All three you list are actually manufactured by Bestop, so quality of mfg. should be the same. It will mainly be whichever style and features you like best.

Sponsored

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
I voted Bestop Trek Top for looks and almost same features but ordered both Tops on both of my Jeeps and the OEM Twill is far better than any previous Jeep tops.

OP
OP
graniterubi2dr

graniterubi2dr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
Automation lead
Thanks for the advice, i've heard the twill is thicker too. i'm just trying to figure out how all three tops are made buy the same company but have such vast differences in price. $800 for the Nextop vs $2250 for the OEM Twill, thats almost 3 Nextops! I guess i'll have to just take a look and see the difference in person.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Thanks for the advice, i've heard the twill is thicker too. i'm just trying to figure out how all three tops are made buy the same company but have such vast differences in price. $800 for the Nextop vs $2250 for the OEM Twill, thats almost 3 Nextops! I guess i'll have to just take a look and see the difference in person.
Mopar tags raise the price of everything they’re on. Just check the price of the mopar Rubicon winch with the same exact one from warn.

phillipndavis

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Following. I'm interesting in acquiring a soft top for warm weather use. Since I'm in New England—and will only be using it during warmer months—I'm not sure the extra cost of the premium is necessary for me.

The Nextop seems like an intriguing (and cost-saving) option, but it doesn't look like it goes all the way down, and if it's not a quick total removal, I'm not sure how appealing that is to me.
Sponsored