Soft Top- Daily use

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
We spend 3 months in Montana each year, and typically tow our Duramax 2500 crew cab pickup behind our motor home. When ordering the jeep, I had my summer usage in mind, so I ordered MY*JLUR with the dual top group. The hard top stayed behind when we left for Montana.

It has been so nice to run the top in its fully open mode, and many days I can leave it without closing it up.

I also have installed the diabolical slipstream. This combination is perfect for running around town, not worrying about valuables being stolen.

The only issue I have had is removing the rear window bottom bar. It is not that hard when the diabolical is opened, but when it is closed, getting a grip on the bar to pop it out is more than challenging.

I recently discovered a trick, after over 100 times of struggling with the darn thing. It is much easier to pop out the passenger side before the drivers side.

What I found that works best is to first pop out the corners and release the seal of the passenger side, then open tailgate, release seals on driver side, then finally slide the lower bar all the way to drivers side and pop out the passenger side if the bar. This process is now down to about 20 seconds compared to my 60- 90 second struggles I was having.

Hope this helps someone else.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Redbaron73

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Another tip I have for the soft top windows:

Aerospace 303 Protectant. This stuff is amazing. The windows are very hard to keep clean under normal conditions. When driving the North fork road, or the many forest roads around here, MY*JLUR gains about 50 lbs of dust by the end of the day, and a good amount of it is located on the back window.

I cleaned the windows inside, and then applied a liberal amount of the 303 spray to both sides. While there, I also hit all of the rubber and plastic. I then rubbed the 303 into the window to make sure it was evenly spread, and finally buffed it clean with a microfiber. This has greatly reduced the amount of dust that collects at the end of each day, and allows me to clean it much easier.

Right now I am doing the 303 once a week. This is with daily driving on dusty trails.

When I put the windows in the storage back, I first clean them and do a quick application of the 303 again then store. So far these windows are holding up very well.

As for the storage bag, I left the OEM bag at home, as it was far too bulky, and doesn't work well with the diabolical slipstream. I am using a bag from Rampage. The rear window needs to fold in order to fit, but this allows me to easily fit it in the back area. I have been storing shoes, jackets, and snack foods on top of the window bag, just keeping it on the opposite side of the back window fold.

I have had NO issues with damage to the rear window following these procedures.