Sponsored

Soft top comparo (OEM)?

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2017 Tacoma Off Road, Honda S2000.
Occupation
Technology Research
What exactly is the difference in the base soft top vs the premium soft top? Is the premium honestly worth the extra $600 bucks? Can you get the premium on the two doors?
Sponsored

JoeDoc359

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
OP
OP
Lightsped

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2017 Tacoma Off Road, Honda S2000.
Occupation
Technology Research
Thanks for the links. I checked them both.

Curious, can soft topped JLs be driven with the rear window pane removed, but the top and side panels still in the up position? This set up would be similar in style to how the current 4Runner is and the big Broncos and Blazers of the 80s.

JoeDoc359

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter

Curious, can soft topped JLs be driven with the rear window pane removed, but the top and side panels still in the up position? This set up would be similar in style to how the current 4Runner is and the big Broncos and Blazers of the 80s.
That's a good question. I know I read that you should not drive in the Sunrider position without removing the side and rear windows. As a complete guess, I'd think removing the rear window only would be OK since the air would be able to escape through that opening. My only concern would be if the D pillars need the rear window for structural stability. But maybe leaving the rear window crossbar in place would fix that?

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel

Yes it can, AFAIK

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
The difference is in the material. The Premium version will have an acrylic material, like our Twill option. The base will have a vinyl material like our Black Diamond.
The Acrylic/Twill/Premium fabric is worth the spend if it's in your budget. You'll have a tougher material that's easier to clean, lasts longer, and offers better heat and sound insulation.
And yes you can run with just the rear window out. That's actually one of my favorite configurations!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored