Soft top color change

Stuboy71

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
I am looking at purchasing a used Sahara that has the tan premium top, however, the GF doesn't really like the color combo. How hard is it to change the tan cloth for black cloth? Can it be done without purchasing the frame and associated hardware?
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I think this is just the top portion, then you would still have tan window panels.
I was just giving an example of what to look for and that it can be done. This wasn't anything specific or exact. If you put your specific vehicle type in, you get more results.

Sponsored

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
Lots of people want a hard top but buy a JL with dual tops just because it's what was available on the dealer's lot. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding one if you're patient. And with a working, albeit tan top, you could afford to wait as long as you can tolerate it.
You might even be able to find someone willing to straight up trade. I'm thinking the new Sarge Green color might drum up interest in tan tops.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Wow! Just the replacement cloth for a JLU is over $2k! I know what I would do if I needed replacements. Twill top cloth is $929 and the windows are $369 each and there are three!

Gregj

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I am looking at purchasing a used Sahara that has the tan premium top, however, the GF doesn't really like the color combo. How hard is it to change the tan cloth for black cloth? Can it be done without purchasing the frame and associated hardware?
GF doesnt like the color combo ? I might be lookin for a new one!

gf.gif

Last edited:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
What if the next GF doesn't like Black ? And there's always a " next" one, especially when they find fault with a Wrangler...

Sponsored

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
I have a Black premium twill soft top on my JLUR I'd love to trade with you.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stuboy71

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Thank you all for the responses. I wasn't sure if the fabric could be separated from the frame as I had never actually seen the interior of a soft top. It sounds like it can be.

As for the changing the GF... twenty+ years, a kid, a house, etc... it is cheaper to replace the top

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
Thank you all for the responses. I wasn't sure if the fabric could be separated from the frame as I had never actually seen the interior of a soft top. It sounds like it can be.

As for the changing the GF... twenty+ years, a kid, a house, etc... it is cheaper to replace the top
that's common law wife by now