Sponsored

Soft Top/Bikini Options and what can I expect (JLU hardtop)?

TheArlenG

First Name
Arlen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys Sting Gray
Hi All... Still learning the ropes with my relatively new JLU hardtop. I recently got a TopLiftPro and enjoying getting the top off from time to time. Problem is in South Florida, I can't go too far since we have frequent random rain.

I'm looking for a good soft top/bikini option, probably a bikini top, something I can put on if I get caught in rain or just to give me more freedom when top off. I'm not expecting something completely waterproof, but I also don't want to get my interior soaked and mildewy. Maybe there isn't such a thing...but this is why I'm asking.

I also see that there is trim to fill the gap in the doors, since I have a hard top... not crazy about that since it looks like something I have to install, thus limiting the use of the hard top.

Interested to hear about other people's experience and opinions... wondering if there is a reasonable compromise here. Thank you... A.
Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Hi All... Still learning the ropes with my relatively new JLU hardtop. I recently got a TopLiftPro and enjoying getting the top off from time to time. Problem is in South Florida, I can't go too far since we have frequent random rain.

I'm looking for a good soft top/bikini option, probably a bikini top, something I can put on if I get caught in rain or just to give me more freedom when top off. I'm not expecting something completely waterproof, but I also don't want to get my interior soaked and mildewy. Maybe there isn't such a thing...but this is why I'm asking.

I also see that there is trim to fill the gap in the doors, since I have a hard top... not crazy about that since it looks like something I have to install, thus limiting the use of the hard top.

Interested to hear about other people's experience and opinions... wondering if there is a reasonable compromise here. Thank you... A.
There's the bikini top that covers the front 2 seats and then a safari top that covers the back seats too. Tons of options on Quadratek website. Not recommending them, but a good place to start. Are you going to leave the doors on? You will get lots of rain in even with the top on and doors are off. It's not going to hurt anything other than seatbelt receivers and seat tracks which will need to be lubricated after a good soaking.

OP
OP
TheArlenG

TheArlenG

First Name
Arlen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys Sting Gray
Thanks... yes I looked all over quadratech, extremeterrain, Bestop... I'll check out the bikini safari combo. I don't think I remember that. Anyway I'm also looking for real world experience. Thanks for the point about what to expect in terms of rain... that's also what I'm looking for. I'm ok if things get a little wet, but I don't want to ruin my interior and get mildew smell, etc. Not sure how worried I should be.
Sponsored