Sponsored

Soft Top Bag for back with tool box or fridge.

41Life_Jeep

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Came up with a bag to have in the back of my JLU that works with tool box or fridge. Just curious if anybody else doing something similar or I got a product line to start haha.

Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Came up with a bag to have in the back of my JLU that works with tool box or fridge. Just curious if anybody else doing something similar or I got a product line to start haha.

I don't know about the bag. But if you've made the stand alone Fridge slider then you've got yourself a definite item to sell.

OP
OP
41Life_Jeep

41Life_Jeep

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know about the bag. But if you've made the stand alone Fridge slider then you've got yourself a definite item to sell.
The fridge slider is a Dometic slider that I picked up at Jeep Invasion couple years ago. Needed something to put my tool box on and worked good for it.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The fridge slider is a Dometic slider that I picked up at Jeep Invasion couple years ago. Needed something to put my tool box on and worked good for it.
I ordered a window storage bag from Mopar myself. It hasn't arrived yet. What is the difference between that one and yours?

Also, how difficult is it to install that slider? Did you have to drill holes or did it install on the cargo anchors? Do you have a part number for that slider?

OP
OP
41Life_Jeep

41Life_Jeep

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a window storage bag from Mopar myself. It hasn't arrived yet. What is the difference between that one and yours?

Also, how difficult is it to install that slider? Did you have to drill holes or did it install on the cargo anchors? Do you have a part number for that slider?
Honestly prolly nothing. Mopar bag is more than likely a better option. My bag is cotton clothe so I can wash it easy and the frame i made is made out of pvc pipe so I can fix it easy. One issue I personally had with the mopar bag is they want you have your plastic pieces on each side. My fish rod is between my tool box and side wall. More of of a personal issue cause I like my rod right there.

The slider, I didnt wanna drill into my tub so the D rings that are in the back make great anchor points. I lined it up where I wanted and marked and drilled. Had to get some longer bolts from lowes. That gets one side covered. The rail will vibrate and move cause only one side. So I took a peice of flat metal about 1/16 inch thick and ran it from the last D ring on the left to the right. Then was able to put a couple small bolts in the flat metal into the slider. So drilling in your Jeep which was a must at that time cause it was so new. I drill some in it now but little as possible. All to gather I think the bolts and flat metal I may have spent $10-15 worth it to me. Dometic CFX-SLD3540B. Alot of folks make them but I have had good luck with this one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
41Life_Jeep

41Life_Jeep

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The slider locks when it's all the way out so when you mark for the holes it makes it easy to not fight it and when you take out to drill you not fight there either.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I see what you did there. Just bolted it to the cargo anchors on the right and ran a piece of metal to anchor it in the back from left to right.

I guess I can do the same, where I run two pieces of metal left to right in the back and in front. and then bolt the slider down to those two pieces of metal. I don't want to drill holes in my new Jeep either.

I'll have to put it on the left side near the power plug. The only problem I see is that the plug sticks out a lot from the socket when you plug in the fridge. A 90 degree adapter can flatten it up and might solve that issue.

To be honest, if you can make a simple but polished frame and slider solution like this for the JL then that will sell for people like me who wants to put in a fridge but don't want to spend a fortune on Goose Gear etc.

OP
OP
41Life_Jeep

41Life_Jeep

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see what you did there. Just bolted it to the cargo anchors on the right and ran a piece of metal to anchor it in the back from left to right.

I guess I can do the same, where I run two pieces of metal left to right in the back and in front. and then bolt the slider down to those two pieces of metal. I don't want to drill holes in my new Jeep either.

I'll have to put it on the left side near the power plug. The only problem I see is that the plug sticks out a lot from the socket when you plug in the fridge. A 90 degree adapter can flatten it up and might solve that issue.

To be honest, if you can make a simple but polished frame and slider solution like this for the JL then that will sell for people like me who wants to put in a fridge but don't want to spend a fortune on Goose Gear etc.
That will work! I just got a fridge it will be here in July. So I may mess with making my own slider before buying another. They expensive for not alot of something. Goose gear is nice but dang $$$$.
Sponsored