Sponsored

Soft top back order

WranglerPB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sahara
Anyone else being told their order is being delayed 5-6 weeks due to a backorder on the soft top?

My car is sitting in Ohio and apparently they won't ship it to NY until the soft top is in. I ordered the dual top and instead of sending the soft top later they are telling me Jeep won't ship the car until its in and the order is completed with both hard and soft tops.

Given the option of changing the order to hard top only and the car going out and then having to buy the soft top later vs waiting 5-6 weeks then shipping which will mean I won't get the car for 2 months. To add insult to injury I'm being told that if I change the order to hard top only I'll have to buy the soft top at their cost but thats still a few hundred more than if I would buy it as part of the dual top group.

Anyone else experiencing this????
Sponsored

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Anyone else being told their order is being delayed 5-6 weeks due to a backorder on the soft top?

My car is sitting in Ohio and apparently they won't ship it to NY until the soft top is in. I ordered the dual top and instead of sending the soft top later they are telling me Jeep won't ship the car until its in and the order is completed with both hard and soft tops.

Given the option of changing the order to hard top only and the car going out and then having to buy the soft top later vs waiting 5-6 weeks then shipping which will mean I won't get the car for 2 months. To add insult to injury I'm being told that if I change the order to hard top only I'll have to buy the soft top at their cost but thats still a few hundred more than if I would buy it as part of the dual top group.

Anyone else experiencing this????
I read in another thread that Jeep was shipped without soft top and they gave a I owe you for soft top. Maybe someone else can chime in and confirm.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Refer to the monster "JB Freeze" thread.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
In short they did ship some and said it was a mistake. They won't ship until order is complete. However, due to BESTOP not having enough tops for the demand now you have a HUGE backlog of Jeeps to be shipped out.

So even with the soft tops supposedly being in good luck getting your Jeep through a rail car or trucking. That is another bottleneck that is now surely going to be causing even further delays.

OP
OP

WranglerPB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sahara
In short they did ship some and said it was a mistake. They won't ship until order is complete. However, due to BESTOP not having enough tops for the demand now you have a HUGE backlog of Jeeps to be shipped out.

So even with the soft tops supposedly being in good luck getting your Jeep through a rail car or trucking. That is another bottleneck that is now surely going to be causing even further delays.
You heard they were in? I just gave the go ahead to change my order to hard top only rather than wait 2 more months for a soft top.

Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
You heard they were in? I just gave the go ahead to change my order to hard top only rather than wait 2 more months for a soft top.
Well it was stated they were expected mid March. If they are officially in I do not know. I do know however with all of the orders being backed up due to this, the long wait is not over. The shipping companies are notorious for additional delays when things are smooth....

Redleg22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Latest from Jeep chat is if you are waiting on an order with a premium soft top they are not getting them until mid-April. Obviously take this with a grain of salt. So I sit and sit in D1 status.

ERIXJLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal Rubicon 2.0L (ordered on 2/12 received on 9/26)
Just got off of JeepChat.

Was told that I'm in the delivery process, with no ETA, probably because of the dual top option.

Downside: no Jeep

Upside: even bigger down payment as time passes

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Latest from Jeep chat is if you are waiting on an order with a premium soft top they are not getting them until mid-April. Obviously take this with a grain of salt. So I sit and sit in D1 status.
i was just told early April...but still. Two weeks away...

Bobbygreen

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-door Sahara JL
I have the premium soft top and my order just hit KZ status yesterday.

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
I have the premium soft top and my order just hit KZ status yesterday.
Of course...because nothing about this process makes any sense at all! Good for you.
Sponsored