Jennalee

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I wouldn't let city living deter from getting the soft top, until you have problems repeated problems with it. I would give the soft top a chance, especially in SoCal where the weather is normally pretty nice all year. Now, if the top got slashed, or something stolen a couple times in a short period of time, I would probably re-evaluate if its worth it, either the Jeep, what is in it, the soft top, or where you park. No vehicle is ever 100% secure. I remember talking myself out of a Honda S2000 about 15 years ago because I read about people getting their headlights/seats/anything else stolen. I regretted not getting that fun car for awhile. Everything that is fun has drawbacks. Definitely don't leave anything out that someone might see.

Another thing to consider is if it is a 2nd vehicle. OP/ @Jennalee has several cars listed in her profile. It is easier to make a "fun" compromise if its a 2nd vehicle. I have a soft top as a 2nd vehicle, but I try not to go to stores (or anywhere else) if I have my laptop with me after work.
Yes I have several vehicles listed! For some reason I thought it meant to list all the vehicles I have owned. I only have one, it’s a Lexus and I’m “downgrading” to a Jeep lol. So the Jeep will be my daily driver.

All great responses and lots of great advice. I look forward to reading more, thank you all!! :like:
Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Yes I have several vehicles listed! For some reason I thought it meant to list all the vehicles I have owned. I only have one, it’s a Lexus and I’m “downgrading” to a Jeep lol. So the Jeep will be my daily driver.

All great responses and lots of great advice. I look forward to reading more, thank you all!! :like:
I just downgraded from an Audi A4 Allroad to a soft top Jeep two days ago. I dont even remember what color the Allroad was.

EJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport Altitude
Had a soft top only years ago living in NYC, this time for my 2019 went with a hardtop and glad I did. Now if I lived in So Cal where it is warm year-round, I'd probably only go soft top.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I had a soft top on my 08 JK and my 18 JL has a soft top. Not sure if anyone ever broke in cause I leave it unlocked and have nothing of value in my jeep. And when it is nice I take off the doors and again no cares if someone pokes around. Just be smart and you are good to go.

Sponsored

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR

I just downgraded from an Audi A4 Allroad to a soft top Jeep two days ago. I dont even remember what color the Allroad was.
It's only a downgrade if you lower the Jeep, and no one sane does that. Lifted, it's an upgrade!

Toward the topic of the thread, the junkies will just break your window and steal your stuff, they are not about to let a little glass get in the way, so a soft top is not even a factor. Like most everyone said, keep yer Jeep clean. Alternatively, get a lockable storage container, Tuffy seems to make some good ones.

Even better, find a nicer neiborhood to live in, with a decent garage. I know, hard to do at this time, but it's a goal.

Good luck, and happy Jeepin'!

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
You may want to look at the sky one touch. It seems like it may work for you. Good luck with your decision.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Not a Jeep, but had a Boxster S, 225 TT and Ecoboost Mustang, all obviously soft tops

Never had an issue with them and I took them everywhere (parked with the top on though)

Just my 2 cents

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery, 392 Daytona, JK
Here is my best advice. I have only ever had a soft top and have lived in Denver. Not the most big city living or anything like that but still a city. I have never left anything of value in my Jeep and I have never locked the doors. I could give a shit if someone opens my doors or goes through it. No one will knife a window if a door is open. #neverbuyahardtop
Problem with my city is that if you leave your vehicle unlocked you'll find a sleeping homeless person in your car when you go to leave for work in the morning. Someone leaves their enclosed golf cart with built in heater plugged up in our parking garage and I see homeless sleeping in it with the heater on all the time. I've never seen anyone drive the golfcart but I'd rather not have a homeless person sleeping in my Jeep. Several neighbors have found people in their vehicles. My charger had its window busted out and my service paperwork all over the place. Didn't have anything of value in it to steal but they still tried. Cops do nothing to them. I'd love to go soft top all the time as it's rarely super cold here but I only use mine when traveling
Sponsored