Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
The AB version includes privacy tinted windows.

you’re welcome

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I thought premium was tinted windows?

I have non AB version and it definitely has tinted windows. Maybe I’m just dumb and don’t understand what you mean.
Premium is tinted. The base sport model does not come with the premium tint standard: it’s a factory enabled option.

If you have the non AB version, you have the latest model

Last edited:

Sponsored

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
I have the non-AB twill top with tinted windows . Mopar said the tops are without change

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Premium is tinted. The base sport model does not come with the premium tint standard: it’s a factory enabled option.
That doesn’t have to do with the model of soft top thought. I bought the soft top after the fact.

From what I could find there was no difference between the original part and the AB. I’m sure there was, but it’s definitely not the tinted windows.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
There was an issue with the side windows flying off at highway speeds so I think that was their response. redesigned new side windows that now have a green and larger tab that tucks into the under rail and sides ensuring it stays put. Some people mentioned that they received the newer(model) ones after theirs had been run over after flying out of their Jeeps ..... replaced under warranty, I believe there was even a safety page that they sent out that you were supposed to put into your jeep manual with detailed drawings of how to properly attach your windows, I got mine when I went in for an oil change.

Sponsored

Jeepmike98

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 commander
Couple things ive noticed installing both. The AB version back windows have green tabs which i believe are thicker and wider. They also have a slightly different design of green tab as it corners the back edge of the wrangler, near where it clips into the tailgate bar plastic retainer piece. The door surrounds also dont have that weird strip of weatherstripping that ran alongside the drip rails of the door surrounds, in the NON-ab version.

Last edited:

Kim2021Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR, 2018 JKUR, 2021 JLUR ON ORDER
Does anyone know if the change took place with a specific model year? I’m looking to buy an 82215146AB and just wanting to be sure that is what I’m getting. Also hoping to verify if green tab = the AB version. Thanks!

Jeepmike98

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 commander
Does anyone know if the change took place with a specific model year? I’m looking to buy an 82215146AB and just wanting to be sure that is what I’m getting. Also hoping to verify if green tab = the AB version. Thanks!
Not sure when. I have recently installed a couple more AB versions, and now the locking tab on the rollbar mechanism is colored grey, to stand out more. I have a couple ABs in stock from 2021s without this change. So not sure. But all ABs should have green tabs.

Kim2021Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR, 2018 JKUR, 2021 JLUR ON ORDER
Not sure when. I have recently installed a couple more AB versions, and now the locking tab on the rollbar mechanism is colored grey, to stand out more. I have a couple ABs in stock from 2021s without this change. So not sure. But all ABs should have green tabs.
Thank you. I appreciate the response.

Supdave66

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler Sahara
Little help please
I found a soft top on Facebook that someone got with their 2018 JLU and never opened. Good news it’s never been opened. Bad news it’s the model number without the AB. Guy wants $1100 for it. Would it be ok on my 2022, even it’s the older model without the green tabs???
thank you
Sponsored