Sponsored

Socal shops not loving Metal Cloak GC....

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in OC to Jeep Doctor is the closest Gold Standard shop to me, I think.
Lakeside I think would be the next closest.
Please dont ever use rebel, save yourself the headache and money. I use all-terrain garage in rialto. Good guys.
Sponsored

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have MCā€˜s 3.5ā€ GC on my rig and I have wheeled it pretty hard in the last 10K miles (14K toltal miles since installing the lift) I recently replaced my lower control arm bushings as a solution for a shimmy I was experiencing in the rear passenger side. Easy order of the bushings and fast shipment from MC. I technically didnā€™t have to replace all of them, but I had a bad bushing on the last one I remove. The thing is, if I hadnā€™t removed it, I would never had noticed the damaged bushing. The bushing was dry, full of coal dust (from wheeling at Rausch), and bone dry. New bushings properly lubed solved my shimmy and she drives awesome.

OP
OP
jack bauer

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
I have MCā€˜s 3.5ā€ GC on my rig and I have wheeled it pretty hard in the last 10K miles (14K toltal miles since installing the lift) I recently replaced my lower control arm bushings as a solution for a shimmy I was experiencing in the rear passenger side. Easy order of the bushings and fast shipment from MC. I technically didnā€™t have to replace all of them, but I had a bad bushing on the last one I remove. The thing is, if I hadnā€™t removed it, I would never had noticed the damaged bushing. The bushing was dry, full of coal dust (from wheeling at Rausch), and bone dry. New bushings properly lubed solved my shimmy and she drives awesome.
Thanks for the feedback.
I can live with 14K'ish change intervals, as long as the bushings are quiet between swap out times.

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
When I wanted some advice about a Metalcloak lift I searched out and spoke with a couple Metalcloak Gold Level installers. The Metalcloak installers are the shops that seem to want to help potential Metalcloak customers with helpful advice about Metalcloak products.

I would be hesitant to rely on a shop that somehow conveyed a misrepresentation of any manufacturers' warranty:

from https://rockkrawler.com/warranty/
"What is Not Covered: Bushings, hardware, brake lines, joints, ..."

form https://teraflex.com/policies
"All TeraLow products are warrantied to be free of defects in material and workmanship..."

My guess is if you really have a legitimate experience where a joint fails prematurely due to bad manufacture that you will find all three of these companies will do their best to help you out.

If and when you simply wear out the joints you will find that all three of these companies will sell you replacement joints so you can continue to enjoy your Jeep.

If you like a particlaur shop, buy what they want to sell. If you like a particular lift kit, buy from a shop that wants to sell it.

Good luck.

I like how you selectively copied/paste from Teraflex. Here is the full section under warranty from their website. MC, TF and RK are all top shelf. I personally have years of experience, multiple Jeeps and parts from MC and TF. No issues. Will put parts from both on the next Jeep. Buddies run RK and never problems. This doesn't mean any of them are perfect. Opinions...

Jeep Wrangler JL Socal shops not loving Metal Cloak GC.... 1627489429151

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I do not understand what point you are trying to make.

The point I was trying to make is that all three of these high quality companies offer similar manufacturing defect warranties, and while RK does offer the upgraded abuse warranty it does not extend the abuse is ok policy to the joints. So the idea that a couple big name shops presented the idea that two companies offer a superior warranty on joints compared to the third seems disingenuous.

In other words all three companies treat joints as a wear item, while they warranty the joints against actual defects, and as I suggested all three companies would probably help a customer out in the event of a grey area where a part was not defective but did some how wear prematurely.

Furthermore, it was not like there was some dark side attempt to obfuscate the matter. The link to the very page which you copy pasted from was included next to the excerpt, so anybody interested could read the info in its entirety.

Finally, I stressed that if you like doing business with a service provider, let them help you with the parts they like to be helpful with, and if you prefer doing business with a manufacturer, let the manufacturer help you by doing business with a partner they have a great relationship with.

It is not difficult to find a way to a enjoy a win win solution.

Good luck! Nothing to see here...

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Just a clarification, the Teraflex IR bushings have a lifetime warranty.

not aware of any other lifetime warranty bushings.

BUT, as has been mentioned, while i love the IR bushings in my alpine IR control arms, I do NOT think it is a big deal to replace bushings every few years if doing a lot of serious wheeling. I think all of the companies mentioned so far have pretty good bushings.

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Last edited:

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I appreciate the clarification.

I went looking for the the warranty to see it in writing. Here is a statement published at the Teraflex IR Wrangler JL bushing page:

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jl-ir-bushing-replacement-kit-8-short-arms?vehicle=JLU Wrangler Unlimited

and the Alipne IR control arms page:

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jl-jlu-alpine-ir-control-arm-kit-8-arm-adjustable-0-4-5-lift

" TeraFlex Limited Lifetime Warranty against defects "

I like the idea of the IR but havenā€™t some people said they squeak? Or maybe itā€™s the pinch bolts clunk? Serious question

Sponsored

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I don't know the answer to that question. I was just commenting that they seem to have a reasonable warranty.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Terraflex is nowhere near the company they used to be since there started outsourcing most of their manufacturing overseas years ago. Stick with Rock Krawler or Metalcloak.
Sponsored