SoCal Custom Rubicon Order - HELP!

WhtRubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
So I've been creeping on this forum for about a year prepping for custom ordering my dream Rubicon. Well, that time has come - or so I thought. I have spent the better part of this weekend visiting every Jeep dealership in San Diego County looking for the best deal, and have come up disappointed.

Every dealership is either selling at or above MSRP. Below is a listing and their in-person responses:

- San Diego - MSRP
- Kearney Mesa - MSRP
- Bob Baker - MSRP + Trail Rated Kit and All-Weather Mats forced into the build
- Jack Powell - MSRP
- Pedder - MSRP (but would gladly remove the $5,100 upcharge for nitrogen, and "paint and stain protection"
- Carl Burger - $1,500 over MSRP
- Perry - $3,500 over MSRP (but would negotiate to MSRP)

Is this the wrong time to buy? Is there someone I should talk to? I don't have any issues traveling for a better deal. Please help!
Sponsored

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Contact Rob Trachtman in Irvine. You can search this forum for his information. Only person I would do business with in California.

Penguinking

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR 4xe
So I've been creeping on this forum for about a year prepping for custom ordering my dream Rubicon. Well, that time has come - or so I thought. I have spent the better part of this weekend visiting every Jeep dealership in San Diego County looking for the best deal, and have come up disappointed.

Every dealership is either selling at or above MSRP. Below is a listing and their in-person responses:

- San Diego - MSRP
- Kearney Mesa - MSRP
- Jack Powell - MSRP
- Pedder - MSRP (but would gladly remove the $5,100 upcharge for nitrogen, and "paint and stain protection"

Is this the wrong time to buy? Is there someone I should talk to? I don't have any issues traveling for a better deal. Please help!
I second @Glamisfan, don't even mess around with the San Diego dealers. No SD dealers were willing to budge when I bought my JK, so that doesn't surprise me. I've heard nothing but good things on this forum about Rob and plan on going with him for my 2022 when I get back home. Best of luck and let us know how it goes

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance

- San Diego - MSRP
- Kearney Mesa - MSRP
- Jack Powell - MSRP

Short answer it's the wrong time to buy. Best, honest deal I found in Socal in the past 40 days is 2% below invoice on an order from Rob in Irvine, Tuttle. I ordered from him.

OP
OP
WhtRubi

WhtRubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Contact Rob Trachtman in Irvine. You can search this forum for his information. Only person I would do business with in California.
I left him a voicemail yesterday after finding his info on another thread... Told him the forum sent me. Will update after I speak with him

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
what are you looking for? I may know of a loaded hydro blue Eco-Diesel Rubicon that may be available at 7% below MSRP. Message me if interested.

OP
OP
WhtRubi

WhtRubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
OP
OP
WhtRubi

WhtRubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I left him a voicemail yesterday after finding his info on another thread... Told him the forum sent me. Will update after I speak with him
Talked to Rob today. Great guy and very easy to work with. Pulled the trigger and placed the order!

He was offering 2% below invoice, when no one else was even going below MSRP... saved over $4,000 over the dealerships in SD!

Thank you all in the forums who recommended Rob!

Eduardo909

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL MOAB
Talked to Rob today. Great guy and very easy to work with. Pulled the trigger and placed the order!

He was offering 2% below invoice, when no one else was even going below MSRP... saved over $4,000 over the dealerships in SD!

Thank you all in the forums who recommended Rob!
Was the 2% below invoice with tread lightly?

OP
OP
WhtRubi

WhtRubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Was the 2% below invoice with tread lightly?
While TL was mentioned, nothing on my build sheet (POC) mentions that as a requisite for the pricing received. Either way, I went ahead and got TL just in case. $100 to save $4,000 is kind of a no brainer

Sponsored

RobTrachtman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttleclickchrysler.com
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Fleet Manager Tuttle Click Jeep Chrysler Dodge Hyundai
While TL was mentioned, nothing on my build sheet (POC) mentions that as a requisite for the pricing received. Either way, I went ahead and got TL just in case. $100 to save $4,000 is kind of a no brainer
[/QUOTE..

The 2 percent is with tread lightly by the way.

EMpunker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon V6
It's the timing...

I got lucky with mine, negotiated a little under MSRP back in May. But it was the last V6 Rubi on the lot, not custom ordered. Every other dealership in OC wanted ADM for Rubi's on the lot.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Kent is still doing the 7-8% below invoice at Peterson CDJR in Nampa Idaho....well worth the $100 flight and awesome road trip home in your new Jeep.:like:

Ryparks

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Kent is still doing the 7-8% below invoice at Peterson CDJR in Nampa Idaho....well worth the $100 flight and awesome road trip home in your new Jeep.:like:
Its amazing how good the prices are in Idaho. I would love Kent's contact. Rob does have good pricing, but I've been able to get a good offer from another Idaho dealer and Jim Marsh in Vegas which really is a day trip. That being said, a couple thousand dollars helps, so I'd love to look at one more option. Given that the wait for an order is so long, I'm eager to make the best choice I can.
Meanwhile, it feels like weekly I get a recall thats clutch related on my 2020 Sahara, oy!

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Its amazing how good the prices are in Idaho. I would love Kent's contact. Rob does have good pricing, but I've been able to get a good offer from another Idaho dealer and Jim Marsh in Vegas which really is a day trip. That being said, a couple thousand dollars helps, so I'd love to look at one more option. Given that the wait for an order is so long, I'm eager to make the best choice I can.
Meanwhile, it feels like weekly I get a recall thats clutch related on my 2020 Sahara, oy!
Kent Shurtleff - [email protected]

Looks like you've covered all the bases here - Good luck!
Sponsored