Rampart22

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon/ 2019 JL Rubicon
I wouldn't trust those wait times,.....
Also, dealers have 30 days to submit paperwork to DMV.
Jim Marsh had not sent paperwork in on mine until over 10 days later.
DMV was accommodating though, I had my inspection, smog check, and paid the $4000+ in fees / reg.
Yep, welcome to Komifornia kids.
Now obey!!!!
Well lm still awaiting paperwork from JIM MARSH. Bought in December and Have to say I’ve been a big defender of them but I’ve been burned. Lots of minor details, long wait time at dealer, missing items, missing parts, paperwork not sent and then sent to wrong place that still can’t find it. I’ll finish my review of JIM MARSH later but for now please beware.
Sponsored

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
Well lm still awaiting paperwork from JIM MARSH. Bought in December and Have to say I’ve been a big defender of them but I’ve been burned. Lots of minor details, long wait time at dealer, missing items, missing parts, paperwork not sent and then sent to wrong place that still can’t find it. I’ll finish my review of JIM MARSH later but for now please beware.
Not good to hear. I have to say I had an overall good experience through the order process working with Antonio back when I placed my order. However, since placing the order, he has become less an less responsive for questions I have had about warranty, protection, and other details about taking ownership. I'm hoping your experience was an unfortunate anomaly and not the typical experience with Jim Marsh.

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
Ipicked mine up from them when I had the flu, and after a 6 hour drive. There were also several others that showed up at the same time to pick up their jeeps as well. I may not have been very demanding, but I thought they were very accomodating and helpful, I have no complaints at all. Love the jeep. They even gave me a full tank of gas. I picked it up on 12/27, my local DMV in El Cajon Ca, did not receive the paperwork until 1/7, but still in plenty of time to get there before the 1/11 expiration of my temp registration.

Of course, I've been so excited about getting it, I already knew most of how everything worked, and it did not put me off to sit through the dealers mandatory sales pitch on warrantee etc.

I did have to get in line at DMV, since the first appt I could get was 1/24. But the entire process only took about 1 1/2 hours.

All and all, I'd buy from Jim Marsh in a heartbeat, well worth the savings, and had a fun stay in Vegas for a few days as well as a road trip.

I'm old school and like paper copies of manuals, Jeep did send one, but I had to ask.

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Picked mine up Friday 1/18 with zero issues. Walked in, filled out a little paper work, Jeep was cleaned up to look amazing and then sat with finance to complete the purchase etc. was there for about 60-90mins max and everyone from Antonio, to Charleen, to my sales rep to finance was amazing and very accommodating!
I see a few people have had a slightly different opinion, but just giving my experience with them. I ordered 11/6 and delivered 1/18. Also purchased my wifes Grand Cherokee Altitude 12/24 and they stayed a little later than planned to close out my deal (much appreciated) and I was never rushed.
I would recommend them to anyone asking- IMO of course. :jk:

Rampart22

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picked mine up Friday 1/18 with zero issues. Walked in, filled out a little paper work, Jeep was cleaned up to look amazing and then sat with finance to complete the purchase etc. was there for about 60-90mins max and everyone from Antonio, to Charleen, to my sales rep to finance was amazing and very accommodating!
I see a few people have had a slightly different opinion, but just giving my experience with them. I ordered 11/6 and delivered 1/18. Also purchased my wifes Grand Cherokee Altitude 12/24 and they stayed a little later than planned to close out my deal (much appreciated) and I was never rushed.
I would recommend them to anyone asking- IMO of course. :jk:
I truely wish my experience at JIM MARSH was good. But to be honest it was a hassle and still is. I ordered in September and got the call after Christmas it was in. Lots of minor details while at the dealership and items ordered didn’t come out as expected or told. Missing parts, Lost paper work and paperwork sent to wrong DMV. And too add insult injury they were to send a check for sales tax etc, and after sitting at the WRONG dmv, guess what, no check and missing paper work. I had to get dmv supervisor approval to avoid a huge penalty for not registering in time as Antonio didn’t inform me where the paperwork was sent.

I was super pumped for the new Jeep and hyped jim marsh and Antonio up to numerous others both on forum and off. Several close friends have received quotes and about to order, have now backed out due to my experience and hassle. Glad others have had good experiences but to be fair and honest, they were very amateur and I’m still dealing with it.

Now I recurved quotes from over a dozen dealerships. Marsh was not the cheapest but the trip to Vegas compared to others outweighed the difference in cost. But now I’m wondering if it was truely a cost savings.

Still dealing with problems on what should have been a simple and easy transaction. I can’t recommend him marsh anymore. Sorry. But if you are in contract make sure you are very clear and double check everything. And I mean everything. I’m still awaiting the electronic email system to load too. I was told no on hard copies of manuals. I too am old school.

Super bummed

Sponsored

Rampart22

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ipicked mine up from them when I had the flu, and after a 6 hour drive. There were also several others that showed up at the same time to pick up their jeeps as well. I may not have been very demanding, but I thought they were very accomodating and helpful, I have no complaints at all. Love the jeep. They even gave me a full tank of gas. I picked it up on 12/27, my local DMV in El Cajon Ca, did not receive the paperwork until 1/7, but still in plenty of time to get there before the 1/11 expiration of my temp registration.

Of course, I've been so excited about getting it, I already knew most of how everything worked, and it did not put me off to sit through the dealers mandatory sales pitch on warrantee etc.

I did have to get in line at DMV, since the first appt I could get was 1/24. But the entire process only took about 1 1/2 hours.

All and all, I'd buy from Jim Marsh in a heartbeat, well worth the savings, and had a fun stay in Vegas for a few days as well as a road trip.

I'm old school and like paper copies of manuals, Jeep did send one, but I had to ask.
I may have been at the dealer at the same time. I too picked up on 12/27.....

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
I truely wish my experience at JIM MARSH was good. But to be honest it was a hassle and still is. I ordered in September and got the call after Christmas it was in. Lots of minor details while at the dealership and items ordered didn’t come out as expected or told. Missing parts, Lost paper work and paperwork sent to wrong DMV. And too add insult injury they were to send a check for sales tax etc, and after sitting at the WRONG dmv, guess what, no check and missing paper work. I had to get dmv supervisor approval to avoid a huge penalty for not registering in time as Antonio didn’t inform me where the paperwork was sent.

I was super pumped for the new Jeep and hyped jim marsh and Antonio up to numerous others both on forum and off. Several close friends have received quotes and about to order, have now backed out due to my experience and hassle. Glad others have had good experiences but to be fair and honest, they were very amateur and I’m still dealing with it.

Now I recurved quotes from over a dozen dealerships. Marsh was not the cheapest but the trip to Vegas compared to others outweighed the difference in cost. But now I’m wondering if it was truely a cost savings.

Still dealing with problems on what should have been a simple and easy transaction. I can’t recommend him marsh anymore. Sorry. But if you are in contract make sure you are very clear and double check everything. And I mean everything. I’m still awaiting the electronic email system to load too. I was told no on hard copies of manuals. I too am old school.

Super bummed
I totally understand, if that was me from your explanation I wouldn't be happy either. Sorry you had a bad transaction, hopefully resolved soon for ya.

Rampart22

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Who did you ask for paper manuals? I’d really like to get a set?

Sponsored

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I welcome any fixes to this list especially from someone who's done it... but, here's what I have determined you need to do if you buy your car in Las Vegas but you live in California:

Within 10 days of your purchase:
  1. Have dealership complete a Verification of Vehicle (Form REG 31) https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/052f05b3-ea4f-4cde-b017-3d970b8ea1a4/reg31.pdf?MOD=AJPERES
    (if they are "licensed vehicle verifier" or a "DMV Agent" - if not, it needs to be filled out by the DMV or law enforcement)

2. Have your car insurance company send you a binder indicating you have car insurance for your new car.

3. Gas it up and drive it home.

4. Get a California smog check. ($30-$70) It goes without saying you'll have to fix any problems - like in the unlikely event that the catalytic converter was removed in Vegas or something.

5. Complete an application for title registration (Form REG 343)
    https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/c...&CACHEID=8c4e5fdb-a44e-44f6-853b-eabd471afdaa

6. Bring to DMV:

Out of State registration documents
    Current license plates
    Completed REG 31 Verification of Vehicle (completed by authorized DMV agent, law enforcement, or a licensed vehicle verifier)
    Completed REG 343 Application for Title Registration
    Title
    Smog Certificate
    Bill of Sale
    Proof of Insurance

7. For Custom Plates Transfer:
    Must fill out: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/6d97bdef-c5b1-46ee-a558-28ab938e4ec3/reg17.pdf?MOD=AJPERES
    Choose "REASSIGN, RETAIN, RELEASE INTEREST" and "REASSIGN" to transfer plates and bring this to DMV as well.

8. Use this link to determine your fees at the DMV (The link includes taxes!):
    https://www.dmv.ca.gov/wasapp/FeeCalculatorWeb/newVehicleForm.do
Thanks for the info. You should create a new thread For this since it is not specific to vehicles bought in Nevada. I bought my Jeep in Idaho and just finished the process. Though it wasn’t really a big deal I wish I saw your post beforehand.

Thanks

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

macycat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Well, Antonio at Marsh Jeep in Vegas is still up to his old tricks. He is still offering a total of a 5% discount below invoice (4% + an extra 1% with a $100 Tread Lightly membership). I live in SoCal and called a number of dealers around here, and not one of them would come close.

I ordered a fairly loaded Rubicon Unlimited from him a couple of days ago and wanted to let folks know how different this experience was compared to my other vehicle purchases. The entire transaction was done mostly via e-mail with no pressure and no hassle. He helped me through the process, answered all questions in a timely fashion, and explained what I would need to do to get it registered here in SoCal. If interested, here is his e-mail - [email protected].

I look forward to a trip to Vegas in a couple of months to bring back a new Jeep Rubicon!

I will keep everyone posted on how the rest of the transactions goes.
We finally completed the registration process for our new JLUR here in California. Overall, we had a great experience with Antonio at Jim Marsh Jeep. Johnny, our salesman who took us through delivery, was outstanding. Absolutely no tricks or gimmicks whatsoever, and only a two second question on whether we wanted an extended warranty. We just wish that the factory could have built and shipped our Wrangler to Jim Marsh much earlier. Unfortunately, we ordered when their was quite a back log of orders, and we didn't get ours built until after the January shutdown.

We took a fair amount of time to take the vehicle for a test drive and to make sure that all accessories were included (which they were). All the necessary paperwork was sent from them in less than two weeks, which was plenty of time to register the vehicle without penalties. The only issue was that they missed by two days the date that they said they would send the paperwork, which caused me to juggle my schedule in order to go to the DMV.

Quick reminder of what is needed to register in California a vehicle purchased out-of-state:

1) Get the vehicle inspected (we did ours at the DMV)
2) Get a smog
3) Make sure the title (or MCO) is at the DMV
4) Pay all taxes and fees (actually a bit more than 10% of purchase price for us) and get your new plates!

I would highly recommend ordering and taking delivery from Antonia at Jim Marsh Jeep.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
We picked up our JLUR from Jim Marsh last Saturday. Our story was a little different, I ordered in December requesting a March 16 Delivery, so Antonio ordered at the appropriate time and then had it on the inventory for 2-3 weeks until our planned trip.

Aside from having to properly seat 75% of the fuses (not dealership fault), it was an easy experience. Jim Marsh does put a dealer decal on, that will come off along with Wrangler Unlimited stickers when we get back home.

macycat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
We picked up our JLUR from Jim Marsh last Saturday. Our story was a little different, I ordered in December requesting a March 16 Delivery, so Antonio ordered at the appropriate time and then had it on the inventory for 2-3 weeks until our planned trip.

Aside from having to properly seat 75% of the fuses (not dealership fault), it was an easy experience. Jim Marsh does put a dealer decal on, that will come off along with Wrangler Unlimited stickers when we get back home.
I asked him not to put the dealer decal on, and Antonio made sure that it was not put on. I also had to seat about 75% of the fuses (again, not dealership fault).

Like I mentioned earlier, an overall good experience with ordering and taking delivery of our new Wrangler with Antonio at Jim Marsh Jeep.
Sponsored