SoCal/AZ/NV JL Buyers!

Equinox

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Can anyone confirm if all this can be done at AAA? Can I direct dealership to send the requisite paperwork to my local AAA office?
Sponsored

CJTJJK-JLNOW

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR ^2
Can anyone confirm if all this can be done at AAA? Can I direct dealership to send the requisite paperwork to my local AAA office?
Further up this thread AAA was a nonstarter for someone else. I didn’t dig into it any further but I’d have done AAA in a heartbeat if it was possible. In hindsight, given there’s a vehicle inspection involved I doubt AAA would be able to do this.

Equinox

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Further up this thread AAA was a nonstarter for someone else. I didn’t dig into it any further but I’d have done AAA in a heartbeat if it was possible. In hindsight, given there’s a vehicle inspection involved I doubt AAA would be able to do this.
Bummer. I have had AAA inspect used cars that I purchased from out of state, but never a new car. It’s a cursory inspection at best, but they have a checklist of items. Presumably the same items the dmv would check.

JL1LE

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU White Rubicon
AAA will not work. I tried.

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I am in San Diego Ordered mine fome Dennis Dillon They have a guy here and all he does is gt you set to go through the out of state incpection by theDMV, Followed his instructions went to the DMV on the side where they give the drivers tests. waited like 5 minutes ( time to read the owners manual) and they did the inspection I sent the paper work over to him and 3 days later Ihad everythingI needed simple.

Equinox

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I'm in San Diego as well. Processed everything through DMV. Had to get the car smogged once I got back in CA. Aside from dealing with lines at DMV, everything was pretty straightforward. Will try to answer any specific questions that anyone has.

Travis2929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
I'm in San Diego as well. Processed everything through DMV. Had to get the car smogged once I got back in CA. Aside from dealing with lines at DMV, everything was pretty straightforward. Will try to answer any specific questions that anyone has.
Submitted deposit docs to Dennis Dillion, they never sent me the link to pay yesterday.

Equinox

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Submitted deposit docs to Dennis Dillion, they never sent me the link to pay yesterday.
Sorry I should have clarified, I ordered from Jim Marsh Jeep outside of Las Vegas. It sounds like Dillion has someone to assist out of state buyers with the paperwork, I would suggest just calling your sales person there.

jeep949shopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, Rav4
CA buyers, anyone do the financing for the $500 with Jim Marsh? Any complications because of this at the CA DMV?

Sponsored

jeep949shopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, Rav4
No issues.
In the finance case, title is released in whose name? Does that need to be converted to CA title, before DMV visit. If so, how is it done. Some explanation on the title would help. Thanks.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
In the finance case, title is released in whose name? Does that need to be converted to CA title, before DMV visit. If so, how is it done. Some explanation on the title would help. Thanks.
The title (actually not a pink slip but an MSO) comes to you from the dealer. It has the banks name on it as the leinholder. You take that into the DMV with your paperwork. When you register it the actual pink slip and all the other paper work go off to the lender.

jeep949shopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, Rav4
The title (actually not a pink slip but an MSO) comes to you from the dealer. It has the banks name on it as the leinholder. You take that into the DMV with your paperwork. When you register it the actual pink slip and all the other paper work go off to the lender.
Hmmm. So if I financed with Jim Marsh, the title is handed over at time of delivery? Off course with bank name on it. In CA, past experiences, they sent directly to lender. Seems like here it is handed over? Can you kindly confirm please. Thanks.

Equinox

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Hmmm. So if I financed with Jim Marsh, the title is handed over at time of delivery? Off course with bank name on it. In CA, past experiences, they sent directly to lender. Seems like here it is handed over? Can you kindly confirm please. Thanks.
Not exactly. When you pick up your Jeep from Jim Marsh, you will have to provide them the mailing address of your local DMV. They will mail the MSO and lienholder info directly to the DMV. Jim Marsh can provide you tracking information to confirm once documentation has arrived at the DMV. Once the paperwork has arrived at the DMV, you go in to have the car inspected, pay CA tax and reg fees, show proof of insurance, and you need to have the car smogged. I would suggest doing the smog before you go to the DMV so you only have to deal with DMV lines once. Unless you are doing a custom plate, the DMV should issue you plates to put on the vehicle at the end of this transaction.
Sponsored