SoCal/AZ/NV JL Buyers!

Prestige Billet

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thank you JSY - I just received my quote from Joel and he is right at 3% under invoice with an $89.00 doc fee. Thats the best price I can find reasonably close to home. Jim Marsh in Vegas has the high Doc fee so that 5% under invoice is closer to 4%...still a really good price just not worth the time and effort...

For those considering buying out of state... I did this 2 years ago. You will need to take it and get a smog check (Yes even on a new Jeep), you will have to take it to DMV so they can inspect it...Yes even on a new Jeep... So add an additional $60 for a smog check plus a couple of hours at your local DMV..
I purchased an RV and the savings were close to 17K so totally worth it, but for $500 I would buy local...just my .02c
Sponsored

Prestige Billet

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just want to update... Jim Marsh was very slow to work with, i had to constantly email them for paperwork, Joel in San Luis Obispo was also slow getting back to me ( would take a couple of days to answer an email). Right when I was about to order from Joel in SLO, I got an email from the GM at Courtesy Jeep in San Juan Cap. I told him what I wanted to pay he said OK. Put me in touch with Gordon Gessop and got my order placed with no games, no haggling at (3% under invoice, $89 doc fee). I do not know if they will continue to offer this pricing but Gordon said to contact him directly .

macycat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Well, I had a great experience with Antonio at Marsh Jeep in Vegas. He is still offering a total of a 5% discount below invoice (4% + an extra 1% with a $100 Tread Lightly membership). I live in SoCal and called a number of dealers around here, and not one of them would come close.

I ordered a fairly loaded Rubicon Unlimited from him a couple of days ago and wanted to let folks know how different this experience was compared to my other vehicle purchases. The entire transaction was done mostly via e-mail with no pressure and no hassle. He helped me through the process, answered all questions in a timely fashion, and explained what I would need to do to get it registered here in SoCal. If interested, here is his e-mail - [email protected].

I look forward to a trip to Vegas in a couple of months to bring back a new Jeep Rubicon!
We finally completed the registration process for our new JLUR here in California. Overall, we had a great experience with Antonio at Jim Marsh Jeep. Johnny, our salesman who took us through delivery, was outstanding. Absolutely no tricks or gimmicks whatsoever, and only a two second question on whether we wanted an extended warranty. We just wish that the factory could have built and shipped our Wrangler to Jim Marsh much earlier. Unfortunately, we ordered when their was quite a back log of orders, and we didn't get ours built until after the January shutdown.

We took a fair amount of time to take the vehicle for a test drive and to make sure that all accessories were included (which they were). All the necessary paperwork was sent from them in less than two weeks, which was plenty of time to register the vehicle without penalties. The only issue was that they missed by two days the date that they said they would send the paperwork, which caused me to juggle my schedule in order to go to the DMV.

Quick reminder of what is needed to register in California a vehicle purchased out-of-state:

1) Get the vehicle inspected (we did ours at the DMV)
2) Get a smog
3) Make sure the title (or MCO) is at the DMV
4) Pay all taxes and fees (actually a bit more than 10% of purchase price for us) and get your new plates!

I would highly recommend ordering and taking delivery from Antonia at Jim Marsh Jeep.
Sponsored