Sponsored

so you replaced your stock tires and ....

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
I wouldn't change a thing, swapped out the stock Micehelin's for 285/70/17 Mickey Thompson BAJA MTZ P3's. This will be my 4 set of Mickey Thompanson BAJA MTZ's had 3 sets on my 07 JK (166,000 miles before I traded it for the 19 JLU).
Sponsored

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I'm running Milestar Patagonia on mine. It had the 33" Falken MTs on it when I bought it new. They weren't a bad tire, but they did start getting loud after about 1,000 miles. But I wanted a bigger tire and the Pats are priced right for me. I've used them in dry, dusty nor-cal trails, mud and snow. So far not bad.
When I go to a lift and 37" tires, I'll be going with Pats again.

On my son's truck I put Cooper Discoverer ATPs and the are really good tire, too. A little noisy for an aggressive AT but not bad.

I have used General Grabbers ATs and they did well on my lifted Subaru, but not so great on dry dusty surfaces, for some reason.

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara
Wanted to see if you guys could point me in the right direction. I have a 2.5 AEV Lift on my Jeep JL Sahara 4 Door. I am about to pull the trigger on a wheel and tire upgrade. Looking to purchase either the Quadratec 41s or Recons which have a + 10 offset. Was hoping to stay in the 35s range but don't want the tires to stick out much. Any recommendation in tire sizes?

Sponsored

Lil Punk'n

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangled jl sport
Occupation
Retired, School bus driver
Did you use spacers?
No I didnt , the wheels are Black Rhino Crawlers 17x9.5 with -18 off set. They went on our sport without any lift. About 2 weeks later I added a Rubi suspension.
20190902_150442.jpg

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
KO2’s there is no substitute

4E6B99FD-84AE-4E36-ADFA-5A3E4A1202E8.jpeg
Until you deal with Michelin over treadwear warranty and dry rot. I never much liked the KOs, I regret buying the KO2s because I had to fight with Michelin for 10 days because BFGs on my car got a 1/3 of the miles of the warranty and two of the tires had become so dry rotted in 14 months time. I got 50% replacement credit, not 66% like I should have received. Discount let me apply my credit towards Generals and I couldn’t be happier. My KOs were prone to dry rot, the three sets I had so I’ll see how the KO2s hold up but out of principle I won’t buy BFG again.

Germansheperd

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2019 HD FLHXS, 2018 Taurus, 2008 Mustang GT, 1994 Z28
Until you deal with Michelin over treadwear warranty and dry rot. I never much liked the KOs, I regret buying the KO2s because I had to fight with Michelin for 10 days because BFGs on my car got a 1/3 of the miles of the warranty and two of the tires had become so dry rotted in 14 months time. I got 50% replacement credit, not 66% like I should have received. Discount let me apply my credit towards Generals and I couldn’t be happier. My KOs were prone to dry rot, the three sets I had so I’ll see how the KO2s hold up but out of principle I won’t buy BFG again.
I didn’t buy them for tread wear. I bought them to make sure my wife gets to work in NE Ohio winters. Dry rot would never be a factor for me as the Jeep gets driven almost every day. The tires will wear out before dry rot could ever be a factor.

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
I didn’t buy them for tread wear. I bought them to make sure my wife gets to work in NE Ohio winters. Dry rot would never be a factor for me as the Jeep gets driven almost every day. The tires will wear out before dry rot could ever be a factor.
Dry rot happened on my daily drivers with BFG’s.

Sponsored

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
I really like the nitto ridge grapplers. These are my second set, went 35s to 37s.

They’ve been real consistent, no pull or push, balance out great with very little weight. They’re really quiet on the highway, and so far handles wet roads, mud, and sand really well.

Haven’t tried rock crawling yet, although it’s on my bucket list to get out to Moab one day.....:)
I have the ridge grapplers too, and I love them - great balance of on and off road performance, good looking, etc. My only complaint is that the sidewalls are so stiff. It gives the tires strength and tear resistance on rocks, but it means you have air way the heck down to get any shape deflection at all for sand or rock crawling and it means they are a bit heavy and ride a bit harsh. Overall a good compromise, but you have to know to air them way down.

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I've had many different tires and have liked most.

The Yokohama MT+ were super rumbly on road and wouldn't stay balance. Least favorite tire that I had on a jeep. They did great offroad and surprisingly well in snow. Just couldn't get past the other issues.
What did you end up getting after the Yoko? I have them now and I am experiencing the same rumbling ride.
Sponsored