Sponsored

so you replaced your stock tires and ....

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I’ve been looking into the Geolandar. How does it handle the road? and are they loud on the road?
I have a set of the Geos as well. I had some weird vibration and a rumbling ride for a bit but it turns out I had a bad front tire. I had that replaced a few days ago and the vibration has stopped. Overall they are a great looking tire, seem well made and beefy. For a MT they are pretty quiet any most speeds but there are bands of speeds where you can hear them like any other mud tire.

Overall these tires dont have the constant MT roar most do. Since I only have 600 miles on them its hard to say how they will sound or perform as they age.

Apart from getting a Toyo, BFG or Nitto my local Jeep shop said he would stick with them. I say stick with bc I was/am thinking returning them due to the rumble/knobby tire ride. I need to air down to 33 PSI before I make that decision bc that may help take the edge off the ride.
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
What did you end up getting after the Yoko? I have them now and I am experiencing the same rumbling ride.
I had the MT+ they no longer make them. After them I tried:

Pro Comp Xtreme MT

Three sets of the Milestar Patagonia

Two sets of BFG KO2

All three were quiet and smooth.

boilerwrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
That looks great!

285/70R18 works out to a 34-inch tire. You are not getting any rubbing?
Not at all.....I haven't been off road but from what I see underneath I don't see a problem.

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I had the MT+ they no longer make them. After them I tried:

Pro Comp Xtreme MT

Three sets of the Milestar Patagonia

Two sets of BFG KO2

All three were quiet and smooth.

I ended up returning the YOKOS for a set of Nexen Roadian MTXs 35x12.5x17R. I like them overall and my MPGs went up a bit bc they are lighter than the YOKOS. Only have 100 miles on them so I will report back once I clear 500 or so. The look great and dig that gophers. On the road they hum and feel like they are clawing a bit at the pavement. But they are aired up too much and brand new. MTs wont tell you who they are until after 500 or in some cases 1000 miles. From there until they are about half worn out they stay pretty consistent (good or bad) then some get really loud. :)

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I have the ridge grapplers too, and I love them - great balance of on and off road performance, good looking, etc. My only complaint is that the sidewalls are so stiff. It gives the tires strength and tear resistance on rocks, but it means you have air way the heck down to get any shape deflection at all for sand or rock crawling and it means they are a bit heavy and ride a bit harsh. Overall a good compromise, but you have to know to air them way down.
How far down did you go?
Sponsored