Sponsored

So you have a Service Axle Locker warning light. How I fixed mine.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm having the same issue with my 2019 JLU Rubicon. This is the 3rd visit to the dealer. The first time they said they would change the axle, but then it was on backorder so they flushed the diff and cleaned some metal parts they said was fouling the sensor. I drove it away and they same problem occurred. The second visit they changed a sensor. Now the problem is back and I'm waiting to hear their "solution".
I'd be curious as to what sensor they replaced.
Sponsored

Sierra Fan

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon (on order). 1978 VW Convertible, Porsche Panamera, Honda Pilot
I'd be curious as to what sensor they replaced.
I just got it back today and they said that the factory-wrapped wires that go to the locker on the axle had been zip-tied too tight and caused the wires to break. I spoke to the tech and he said he spliced in a new connector/lead. I uploaded the description/photo below

2021-06-23 Locker Photo of Tuttle Click repair.jpg

2021-06-23 Locker repair description.jpg

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I just got it back today and they said that the factory-wrapped wires that go to the locker on the axle had been zip-tied too tight and caused the wires to break. I spoke to the tech and he said he spliced in a new connector/lead. I uploaded the description/photo below

Jeep Wrangler JL So you have a Service Axle Locker warning light.  How I fixed mine. 2021-06-23 Locker repair description

Jeep Wrangler JL So you have a Service Axle Locker warning light.  How I fixed mine. 2021-06-23 Locker repair description
Sounds like they did you right. I was hoping this would mark the release of those little locker position sensors.

Sierra Fan

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like they did you right. I was hoping this would mark the release of those little locker position sensors.
I wish they would put cord relieve or better wiring support on these wires. Copper can only bend so much. This seems like it will happen again.

Last edited:

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5

Did they happen to give a part number for the new connector? A few of us have been dumb and broken these wires by mistake when installing new springs and forgetting to disconnect it from the differential. I had to fix mine a couple months ago when I did this but there was no kit available. There is a kit for the Center axle disconnect however. I made my own extensions and fixed it myself but had to do some digging to find the correct color/pinout on the connector. If a kit is available now, it would be a lot easier for those that have this problem in the future.

Sierra Fan

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did they happen to give a part number for the new connector? A few of us have been dumb and broken these wires by mistake when installing new springs and forgetting to disconnect it from the differential. I had to fix mine a couple months ago when I did this but there was no kit available. There is a kit for the Center axle disconnect however. I made my own extensions and fixed it myself but had to do some digging to find the correct color/pinout on the connector. If a kit is available now, it would be a lot easier for those that have this problem in the future.
I think it was a cut/solder/heatshrink sort of repair. Although he told me that he replaced the connector, there was some hesitation so I'm not sure if he actually did or not. If you read the repair description above, I don't think he replaced it.
Sponsored