Advertisement

So you have a Service Axle Locker warning light. How I fixed mine.

Rsquire87

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My latest update is that they are checking something in the diff and will likely be replacing The entire rear diff. I thought they wouldn’t replace the diff and would just do the whole axle assembly? Is that sensor part of the differential assembly or the axle?

Advertisement

OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
My latest update is that they are checking something in the diff and will likely be replacing The entire rear diff. I thought they wouldn’t replace the diff and would just do the whole axle assembly? Is that sensor part of the differential assembly or the axle?

It is an electrical component that takes less than 15 minutes to replace.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Wow...totally unacceptable [email protected]

Makes me think the 14B/Currie RJ60 I've got lying around should go under this thing instead of the craptastic factory axles.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
So because this electrical component is prone to have diff fluid seep into it and ruin it and not wanting to buy another rear axle assembly to replace another component, I put RTV sealer around the cap of the component in hopes of eliminating a potential leak.

1594727738080.png

1594728159930.png

Anyways here is a video on how to replace the sensor...electrical component on your JLUR. and my experience with Jeep.

Wibornz, please update us on the RTV bandaid after your trip.

Advertisement

Advertisement