Sponsored

So, you’re thinking about buying your first Jeep?

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Well said. I do primarily light trails, sometimes rocky, nothing too extreme and I have never had the need for lockers or sway bar disconnect.
Honestly, I would get yourself a set of discos, unless you are running Anti-rock. Way less to do with capability but more about comfort. Disconnected and aired down makes just about any trail more enjoyable.
I do have a Rubi, and I have manual discos. I know, I'm odd. Trail rides, I use the electronics. Rock crawling, I completely disconnect. I use the JKS discos. I've used all my bells and whistles and glad I have them but in all honesty, you will enjoy being disconnected on the trail. Two banana job as well!
Sponsored

CharlesC

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sahara Altitude
I'll throw my two cents in here...

I went with the Sahara Altitude. I don't need a Rubicon. I live in Ohio. There's no rocks for us to crawl over here. I could certainly afford either one, but the Sahara can do everything I wanted to do, and COMFORTABLY!

1) Something fun and different.. not looking like every SUV / Crossover running around now (those things all look the same to me... YUCK!).

2) I wanted a manual transmission.

3) It needed to be big enough to hold my telescope, and gear, and be able to get me to remote places and observing sites, and reliable enough to get me back home.

My Jeep certainly fits all of those requirements. When I walk away after I park, and turn around and look, I know I made the right call.

Here's what I got (after a little elbow grease, NuFinish polish, and Ceramic Spray coating)...

Jeep Wrangler JL So, you’re thinking about buying your first Jeep? IMG_0202

kj11

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport Altitude
So... You're thinking about making a wicked long post without using paragraphs...