Sponsored

SO who has installed the Jeep Rear Cargo Mats?

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Installed these a couple days ago, after the first couple cuts in the rear seats it’s no big deal, just start small. You can see how big of a cut you can get away with by pressing the clips into the fabric beforehand so it leaves an indentation. Gap hider isn’t that difficult either, as a cloth seat owner I’m sure happy to have that now.

Add me to the list of those disappointed with the coverage of the area that it’s primarily there to protect though.

AC721FBD-6F67-4978-BACF-18F299688B70.jpeg
Is that high-traffic edge by the doors not protected? Looks like 2 or 3 inches is exposed. I wonder why they didn't design them a few more inches to cover that area.
Sponsored

DrGroovenstein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335is, Honda Pilot
I’m an idiot and I installed the retainer things in the gap hider upside down. I didn’t think about it because the mats clipped in, just not securely. They come disconnected from the gap hider and rattle around. I know the fix is to get them installed correctly, but I can’t remove them to flip them over. Anybody know how?

53EA11D8-C1DB-4B4F-B262-B9921BDADD3B.jpeg

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Is that high-traffic edge by the doors not protected? Looks like 2 or 3 inches is exposed. I wonder why they didn't design them a few more inches to cover that area.
Yeah, they should have done what Quadratec did and went to the edges and provided cut outs for the hooks. Then again, for those that have the adjustable rails in that area, that type of mat would not suffice. So, Mopar put out something of a gap filler that will sate both options in some ways but not in others. also don't have to produce two units. The Quadratec unit doesn't appear to take the cargo rails into consideration. My plan is to pre-order the Quadratec unit and modify it a tad in the gap filler area so the Mopar unit still lays flat"ish" on it. What I liked about the Mopar unit is that it covers the back of the seats, the thickness of the mats and how it just basically snaps in, once you figure out the dang gap filler section.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Add me to the list of those disappointed with the coverage of the area that it’s primarily there to protect though.

AC721FBD-6F67-4978-BACF-18F299688B70.jpeg
Yep. Went and bought a set of rubber truck flaps to cover right across the cargo area protecting most all the carpet from mud and debris. Works a charm keeping snow mud and debris from piling up. As well added a fabric sheet to make it more comfy and cozy for our dog in back.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Just received the Jeep Rubber Mats, didn't realize there is a installation process??? Anyone installed these??? The directions are more intricate than I anticipated.....
I have placed them into the rig, but I have not installed them thinking that I don't want to make the holes, particularly in the back of the back seat, especially since some 3rd party mats I may get some day don't require this permanent puncturing of the carpet for the grommet holes.

To keep the MOPAR mats on the back of the back seat, against gravity, I used industrial sticky backed Velcro: the sticky side glued to the underside of the mat with some gorilla glue, and the Velcro side against the carpeting on the back of the back seats.

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
How are the two mats that attach to the back of the seats holding up? I’m wondering if they will sag over time

DubaiMarauder

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited EcoDiesel FarOut
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
I love the Mopar floor liners for the 1st and 2nd rows, but this cargo area portion isn't appealing to me. They go out of their way to protect the back of the seats, but leave 1/3rd of the floor carpet exposed. That's retarded. I'm going to wait and see what other offerings pop up for the cargo area.
My dad bought me the Jeep Cargo liner from WeatherTech for Christmas and I love it. It's literally a drop in. Zero install required. If it gets dirty, i just pull it out and hit it with the pressure washer and a few paper towels to dry it off and then toss it back in.