Sponsored

So which aftermarket part improved steering the most to you ?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Picked my 2020 up from the service dept today. 800 miles and it wonders from side to side constantly. Service rep said there is nothing they can do, Jeeps are built this way from the factory. Would not even check alignment as they said it is electronic steering issues and not fixable by the dealer. Now what?
Yeah.... unfortunately, youā€™ll have to take matters into your own hands. Get some Mopar lift lcas that will help considerably. The Rubis donā€™t have enough caster, causing them to wander. Do to them being over an inch higher than the other trims, but they all still share the same length lcas. IMHO , Jeep should have built the rubiconā€™s with longer lcas to begin with. Just my .02.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sweet88gt

sweet88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR 24 VW Tiguan Rline 20+21 Tacoma TRD
Picked my 2020 up from the service dept today. 800 miles and it wonders from side to side constantly. Service rep said there is nothing they can do, Jeeps are built this way from the factory. Would not even check alignment as they said it is electronic steering issues and not fixable by the dealer. Now what?
What did they do while in for service?
First thing I always check is the torque on the lug nuts if they took off the wheels for any reason.

But I put on the Mopar LCA and has helped my wandering issue. I did have them check my alignment and will do so again once I get an oil change. Checked all torque specs on all front suspension items as well.

At first when I posted this thread I figured Track Bar and aftermarket parts were gonna be my route. But with the LCA I can now focus on which lift and other items.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Test drive a brand new JL same model off the dealership lot. Find one that doesnā€™t wander. Then have the service department drive both and tell them you want your JL to perform the same.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Try this: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...as-play-and-drifts.3691/page-405#post-1132084

I did it last night, and seemed to have good results. I am using the Mopar lift lower control arms on a stock height JLR, and needed to re-center the steering wheel after the adjustment. I believe the issue was that the steering wheel wasn't in exactly the same location, causing the power steering to activate at the incorrect time.

Quigley

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2 door, 2018 Harley Limited 115th Anniversary Edition, 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel
A tire pressure gauge. I got mine many years ago from Autozone, I believe it is slime branded. I lowered my tires pressure from somewhere in the low 40s to the 36 that is on my door placard. "Problem" solved.
First thing I did after purchase was lower the tire pressure to 37 from the 45 that came from the factory. This did help a little, but did not cure the issue.

Sponsored

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Granted I am only running a spacer lift, but I just added an adjustable track bar from Rock Jock and adjustable sway bar links from Icon. HOLY SHIT, this baby is driving like a dream now. Stock LCAs.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Get Jeep Cares involved. And/or find another dealer.

Quigley

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2 door, 2018 Harley Limited 115th Anniversary Edition, 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel
Try this: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...as-play-and-drifts.3691/page-405#post-1132084

I did it last night, and seemed to have good results. I am using the Mopar lift lower control arms on a stock height JLR, and needed to re-center the steering wheel after the adjustment. I believe the issue was that the steering wheel wasn't in exactly the same location, causing the power steering to activate at the incorrect time.
Okay. Tried this fuse pull and reset procedure, unfortunately it did not help at all.

Sponsored

Quigley

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granted I am only running a spacer lift, but I just added an adjustable track bar from Rock Jock and adjustable sway bar links from Icon. HOLY SHIT, this baby is driving like a dream now. Stock LCAs.
Wish I knew how to do this. Iā€™m no mechanic

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Front/rear trackbars, better stabilizer (just a band-aid but helps), adjustable lowers for 6 degrees plus of caster, and upgraded tie-rod/draglink..

It seems absurd to spend $1.5k on a new jeep but corrects it.

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
If you can change a tire you can swap the trackbar. Lots of videos on youtube. Just need the right tools. Maybe have one of those mobile mechanic guys on standby in case it all goes wrong ;)

OP
OP
sweet88gt

sweet88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR 24 VW Tiguan Rline 20+21 Tacoma TRD
Maybe look for a Jeep club in your area. Most are willing to help out.
Sponsored