Sponsored

So, When are the First 392's Arriving?? Also, who has one???

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I'll take parts over Jeep Chat telling me my estimated build is in 1st Quarter of 2021... and to contact my dealer for better information. My dealer NEVER has ANY information - let alone "better" information - and I would HOPE the 392 gets built sooner in the quarter rather than later. My previous answers from Jeep Chat were a little more specific... but still no VIN and in BX status since December 3rd.
I special ordered my 2021 JLUR from a dealer that I have bought several Jeeps from including a Grand Cherokee SRT and a Track Hawk and I still could not get them to give me any updates on my order. I really don't think they care that much as it is already sold in their mind.
Sponsored

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
I special ordered my 2021 JLUR from a dealer that I have bought several Jeeps from including a Grand Cherokee SRT and a Track Hawk and I still could not get them to give me any updates on my order. I really don't think they care that much as it is already sold in their mind.
Yep... they clearly don't care. Finding a dealership that cares an ounce is VERY hard to come by - not just with Jeep. The model of selling through dealerships is obsolete. I've yet to go to a dealership where the salesperson knows the first thing about the vehicles they're selling. They don't follow-up, they don't care. Everything we "use" them for can be done online - vehicle research and pricing - and if they cut the dealer and/or Jeep Chat out of the loop - we could easily order and check order status online too. Just give us an awesome Service shop that can also handle vehicle order distribution and get rid of the "dealership" model. I would think the CEO's of FCA, Ford, Chevrolet, you name it - would've been on the Tesla website to see how automobiles should be sold in the 21st Century. Rant much? :)

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Watch what you wish for. Dealers go to the Tesla model and then people will complain they didnā€™t get a ā€œdealā€. All prices are the same for everyone. Canā€™t have it both ways folks.
With ADMā€™s, the occasional ā€œnothing less than MSRPā€, and the rare 1% below MSRP on the 392ā€™s, Iā€™ll take fixed web pricing any day. Itā€™s also pretty easy to apply dealer incentives for online purchases. I do get what youā€™re saying but everything between MSRP and retail is dealer profit - with the dealer out of the loop, vehicles could be sold AT retail + shipping.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
So, now FCA says it will come in Spring?? That means it should come before June 20th, 2021??

Sponsored

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
1st one rolls off the line at/before the last day of May (they hope)
I don't think your information / conjecture is accurate. On a different public posting (not on this forum) 2 guys on who work for Jeep at the plant, in separate posts, stated yesterday the first 392's were rolling down the line.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm still waiting for someone to say theirs has left the factory. Anyone??
I still want one, but want to see you guys abuse it first, just to see how much punishment it will take.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
I'm still waiting for someone to say theirs has left the factory. Anyone??
I still want one, but want to see you guys abuse it first, just to see how much punishment it will take.
There's a member in another thread that says theirs shipped 2/25 and is en route...

Sponsored

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Yep... they clearly don't care. Finding a dealership that cares an ounce is VERY hard to come by - not just with Jeep. The model of selling through dealerships is obsolete. I've yet to go to a dealership where the salesperson knows the first thing about the vehicles they're selling. They don't follow-up, they don't care. Everything we "use" them for can be done online - vehicle research and pricing - and if they cut the dealer and/or Jeep Chat out of the loop - we could easily order and check order status online too. Just give us an awesome Service shop that can also handle vehicle order distribution and get rid of the "dealership" model. I would think the CEO's of FCA, Ford, Chevrolet, you name it - would've been on the Tesla website to see how automobiles should be sold in the 21st Century. Rant much? :)

Sorry but thatā€™s wrong.

My Tesla ownership experience has been awful and thereā€™s zero customer service in the business model or reason for any. Yes some dealers suck, but some make the entire models existence worth it

Thatā€™s the same reason we completely destroy them in solar. 5% of my entire book of business last year was dealing with their disastrous installations with half those being complete replacements. Vehicles, much like solar installations are complex and jeeps have far more options.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First shipments are to arrive, 4/1/2021.

Kuczy

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜13 JKUR. ā€˜17 JKUR Recon
Saw on one of the FB 392 groups a dealer has one set to arrive in a few days for a ā€œHigh end clientā€. Evidently it has left the factory and is route to the dealership. Guess this client was able to jump the list.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Saw on one of the FB 392 groups a dealer has one set to arrive in a few days for a ā€œHigh end clientā€. Evidently it has left the factory and is route to the dealership. Guess this client was able to jump the list.
Seeing is believing, keep us posted.
Sponsored