Sponsored

So what's the scoop? Have the Uconnect issues been resolved yet?

Envy_Jeep

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This is the second time my Uconnect started acting up. The audio cuts out every 3 seconds. It does it for SXM, radio and Apple Play. I restarted my Jeep a couple of times and it did not work.
Our jeep radio cuts out when its colt outside.
Sponsored

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
Short answer = NO, long answer = NO.

The radios in the 18-19 Wrangler are really buggy, and the warranty period should be extended to 10 years 300K. I'm currently dealing with Chrysler, trying to get a replacement Wrangler or a permanent fix -- my 18 Wrangler has been a giant headache.

Levi8than

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
I took my JL in for my appointment with the local dealer on 1/29. They updated the SW with a usb flash stick. They ended up keeping it overnight because apparently the sw download is 9.3 GB and they didn't start downloading early enough in the day. So if you're going in, best to call in advance and ask them to have the latest SW downloaded for you before you get there.

Now, did they fix my problem? I have no idea yet. Today the backup camera worked and so did the touch screen. That's not surprising, though, as the problem was always intermittent.

I'll let you know after a put a few hundred miles on it.

Levi8than

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Short answer = NO, long answer = NO.

The radios in the 18-19 Wrangler are really buggy, and the warranty period should be extended to 10 years 300K. I'm currently dealing with Chrysler, trying to get a replacement Wrangler or a permanent fix -- my 18 Wrangler has been a giant headache.
Maybe a stupid question: Have they swapped out the radio/antennas/etc? and after replacing parts it's still buggy? Next thing to look at is the voltage regulator on the alternator. Most mechanics will blow you off if you suggest it, but they can be really noisy and creates EM interface/voltage spikes which cause everything to suck. Basically if the radio works when running off just the battery, but not when driving down the road, then either something is loose or it's the alternator/regulator.

Also: keep your paperwork. As long as your report an issue to them before you are out of warranty then you remain in coverage for that issue. Best to keep a video recording if possible too, as proof. Don't let them tell that just because they cannot repro it or fix it before you are out of warranty that you're SOL. That's simply not the case. Now I'm speaking for my own state's laws. Yours may vary, but I'd doubt it.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
I took my JL in for my appointment with the local dealer on 1/29. They updated the SW with a usb flash stick. They ended up keeping it overnight because apparently the sw download is 9.3 GB and they didn't start downloading early enough in the day. So if you're going in, best to call in advance and ask them to have the latest SW downloaded for you before you get there.

Now, did they fix my problem? I have no idea yet. Today the backup camera worked and so did the touch screen. That's not surprising, though, as the problem was always intermittent.

I'll let you know after a put a few hundred miles on it.
Still have off road pages? I'll need to do this at some point.

Sponsored

Eloib

First Name
Eloi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke with a Magneti Marelli engineer today about the dash cluster failures on cold weather and it is a known problem by them. However, they don’t have a permanent fix for it and are working on the issues.

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe a stupid question: Have they swapped out the radio/antennas/etc? and after replacing parts it's still buggy? Next thing to look at is the voltage regulator on the alternator. Most mechanics will blow you off if you suggest it, but they can be really noisy and creates EM interface/voltage spikes which cause everything to suck. Basically if the radio works when running off just the battery, but not when driving down the road, then either something is loose or it's the alternator/regulator.

Also: keep your paperwork. As long as your report an issue to them before you are out of warranty then you remain in coverage for that issue. Best to keep a video recording if possible too, as proof. Don't let them tell that just because they cannot repro it or fix it before you are out of warranty that you're SOL. That's simply not the case. Now I'm speaking for my own state's laws. Yours may vary, but I'd doubt it.
As far as I know, coming from what the dealership has told me, they have replaced the radio, and tested both batteries. It's going back in to have the 3rd radio installed next week!

Ultimately, for me its, it's replace the entire electrical system, all wiring, batteries, parts etc in this current 18 Wrangler ( which is probably impossible ), or give me a new one. Maybe the 3rd radio will work though.... wait.... :CWL:

The giant hassle of my 2018 Wrangler continues :angry:

Reactions: JBS

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I picked up my Jeep from the dealership Jan 30th(Wed. afternoon) . It had Off Road Pages installed and working( one of the items to be repaired because my Uconnect did not receive an over the air update).Also they were there and working Jan 31st(Thursday). They disappeared this morning Feb 1st(Friday)and Off Road Pages is not available anymore. I tried multiple times to pull it up to day with no luck. Is this typical/common? This is actually a great feature when is avail and working. Any one have a similar situation.

Levi8than

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Still have off road pages? I'll need to do this at some point.
I saw the icon for it. But I didn't try opening it. I'll take a look after work and get back to you.
Yes, offroad pages are still present and work as well as they did before (slow load, appear to not load if too much tree cover and no sat signal).
If they don't load quickly then they're kind of useless for me. I want them up the moment I start the vehicle, I don't want to muck with buttons before rolling.

As for the original issues of unresponsive touch screen, that's not fixed either. Last week the dealer updated my software as a possible fix, but it didn't fix the issue of unresponsive buttons on the display.

Here's last night:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/RuCenUY3pxsSFDVt5

Doesn't matter if a phone is paired or not. Doesn't matter what page I was on when it started. I can get stuck on just about any app.
As usual, I parked the car, turned the engine off then open/shut the door, and everything was back to normal for the rest of the ride.

Just a pain.

Sponsored

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 18 Wrangler's on the 3rd radio, not 30 seconds after I pick it up from the dealership, the lower buttons freeze! ( Shocker ). I took it right back, and showed them..... and now I've gotten radio silence from Chrysler and Jeep regarding this --- Not afraid to say I have a Lemon, and it's damn frustrating that Jeep is slow stepping any resolution. :headbang::facepalm::rain::angry:

Reactions: JBS

DogsOnTheRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
This is the second time my Uconnect started acting up. The audio cuts out every 3 seconds. It does it for SXM, radio and Apple Play. I restarted my Jeep a couple of times and it did not work.
Same thing here. This has happened now twice to me, always clears up on next restart.
You may not have noticed, but the Blue Screen reverse camera thing is also happening on these failed starts with the stop/start audio.

I've been blaming myself for shifting immediately into reverse upon starting both times. Thinking it needs a moment to get its bearings before showing the reverse screen.

Kuzco83

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
On my JL19 7”screen it’s been spotty. CarPlay sometimes doesn’t appear. Uconnect screen goes black from time to time and then restarts. This has happened a couple of times doesn’t matter if using radio only or using CarPlay for music. CarPlay is ridiculously small in the 7” display. Radio stations where showing logo of station before no longer the case now. Restarting the car usually does the trick in fixing UConnect to recognize phone. My thought is that we shouldn’t be doing any troubleshooting mentioned in this thread for a $50k+ car. I hope @JeepCares is forwarding these complaints and they get addressed with both the 7” and 8” Uconnect systems.

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
I've been blaming myself for shifting immediately into reverse upon starting both times. Thinking it needs a moment to get its bearings before showing the reverse screen.
I thought it was the immediate shifting into reverse also. So I've tried to wait for the Uconnect to completely boot up also before driving. Its been better...

Googling also came up with an odd Android bug, special characters in the contacts was causing some phones to unpair from HU in some Teslas. Went through and removed all the special characters (primarily "_" in my case) my contacts and it seemed to help keep my phone from forgetting the Uconnect.

Of course, after writing this, I'll have to re-pair in the morning...

Levi8than

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
I'm not really glad that it isn't just me. I'm only on my second radio because I've given up. Frozen screen is annoying. Blank backup screen is dangerous and takes forever for it to reset. And randomly disconnecting Bluetooth surprises me everytime I get a call and realize the audio is coming out of the tiny little speaker on my phone.

At least I can confirm that this uconnect isn't boring. I wish they'd open source the software so we could just fix it ourselves.
Sponsored