Sponsored

So what's the scoop? Have the Uconnect issues been resolved yet?

Blonson

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JL WRANGLER
Vehicle Showcase
Short answer = NO, long answer = NO.

The radios in the 18-19 Wrangler are really buggy, and the warranty period should be extended to 10 years 300K. I'm currently dealing with Chrysler, trying to get a replacement Wrangler or a permanent fix -- my 18 Wrangler has been a giant headache.
Let us know if you do get it replaced. I purposely bought a new car not to have so many headaches and so far it's been the biggest headache yet!
Sponsored

Levi8than

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
I found a new issue last night. After shifting into reverse and back into forward, the display stays blank.
Shifting into reverse brings up camera again, out of reverse back to blank. pressing heating/ac buttons does bring up the little graphic overlays for a moment, but the radio never comes back. Tried turning off car, opening/closing door, locking/unlocking. Nothing. Until I walked away and came back about an hour later, then it was fine again.

I LOVE this radio... when it works. :(

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I found a new issue last night. After shifting into reverse and back into forward, the display stays blank.
Shifting into reverse brings up camera again, out of reverse back to blank. pressing heating/ac buttons does bring up the little graphic overlays for a moment, but the radio never comes back. Tried turning off car, opening/closing door, locking/unlocking. Nothing. Until I walked away and came back about an hour later, then it was fine again.

I LOVE this radio... when it works. :(
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Funny thing. They did a new build on my Uconnect to fix a time problem and the audio volume issue. Seems to have fixed the audio problem so far. Never had the time problem until now. This morning when I left for work it said 0653 vice the actual 0421. Also half the time when I start up, it does not recognize the environmental is set to Auto. I have to turn of the control and hit auto again. Also half the apps don't show up until about a minute or so of driving. Need to find out if I can get my update rolled back. This is worse then before. I'm an engineer. If one of y developers delivered software like this, it would never make it to the field.

Levi8than

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares
Thank you!, but no. I am not going back into the dealership for this. I've been to the dealership 3 times about uconnect issues since I got the vehicle, and I'm on my second uconnect replacement. Each visit gets scheduled several weeks in the future and takes hours out of my day and results in nothing.

Visiting the dealership is not helpful. Don't get me wrong, they're great mechanics for anything mechanical. But the black boxed electronics are not something they can help me with. These are software bugs and they don't have any way to debug these other than telling me, "We tested and it's working fine". Yeah, of course it's working fine when they test it. These bugs pop up every few weeks, and sometimes persist for several hours, but there's no way for me to get the vehicle into a technician's hands while it's malfunctioning.

If you can put me in touch with the SW engineers and we can get an ADB or similar flow in place, then I'd be happy to commit to keeping a small laptop in the car and dump debug data when it malfunctions. But I've wasted too many hours trying to work this out at the dealership, and I have no interest in going through that any more.

Or even better, just give me access to the software tree. I'd love to join in on the debug.

Thank you!

Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
I get the feeling that the software was developed by some off-shore team that had never driven a modern vehicle with a similar system from another manufacturer, or any vehicle at all. As someone who also works in tech, I can honestly say I would've replaced the entire team a long time ago. There is simply no excuse for such lousy software design in this day and age. The fact that Off Road Pages take about ten seconds to load as if all the objects are getting downloaded every time is inexcusable. A bunch of 3rd party apps that you hook up to your OBD port and run on your iOS, Android or Windows load stuff like OBD data/gauges instantly. Worst yet is that any notification such as a weather alert takes up the entire screen and will just sit there until the driver takes their eyes off the road to manually close it. This will inevitably cause accidents.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I get the feeling that the software was developed by some off-shore team that had never driven a modern vehicle with a similar system from another manufacturer, or any vehicle at all. As someone who also works in tech, I can honestly say I would've replaced the entire team a long time ago. There is simply no excuse for such lousy software design in this day and age. The fact that Off Road Pages take about ten seconds to load as if all the objects are getting downloaded every time is inexcusable. A bunch of 3rd party apps that you hook up to your OBD port and run on your iOS, Android or Windows load stuff like OBD data/gauges instantly. Worst yet is that any notification such as a weather alert takes up the entire screen and will just sit there until the driver takes their eyes off the road to manually close it. This will inevitably cause accidents.
I wholeheartedly agree. I don't understand why companies still continue to scrimp on their in-car electronics especially since they control the entire vehicle these days and, as such, make up a sizeable portion of the consumers impression of the vehicle. What would a little extra memory cost so the screen is more responsive? Why not invest in top-tier developers since you are using this across your entire vehicle line?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Funny thing. They did a new build on my Uconnect to fix a time problem and the audio volume issue. Seems to have fixed the audio problem so far. Never had the time problem until now. This morning when I left for work it said 0653 vice the actual 0421. Also half the time when I start up, it does not recognize the environmental is set to Auto. I have to turn of the control and hit auto again. Also half the apps don't show up until about a minute or so of driving. Need to find out if I can get my update rolled back. This is worse then before. I'm an engineer. If one of y developers delivered software like this, it would never make it to the field.
We're sorry to hear that your clock isn't keeping the correct time. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Still using commodore 64 processors! :)

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
We're sorry to hear that your clock isn't keeping the correct time. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares
The update was done about a month ago. Here is what I'm experiencing

Time incorrect irregularly
Climate not showing Auto with Auto turned on. Fixes if I turn Auto off then back on
Navigation volume resets to 15 every restart
Half the apps don't appear until after about a minute of running.

All of this I had not seen before the last update. I was just hoping to get a newer map, but that still shows a lot of the wrongs roadway speeds when I compare it to the Uconnect on my 2020 Cherokee which I bought before the software update.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The update was done about a month ago. Here is what I'm experiencing

Time incorrect irregularly
Climate not showing Auto with Auto turned on. Fixes if I turn Auto off then back on
Navigation volume resets to 15 every restart
Half the apps don't appear until after about a minute of running.

All of this I had not seen before the last update. I was just hoping to get a newer map, but that still shows a lot of the wrongs roadway speeds when I compare it to the Uconnect on my 2020 Cherokee which I bought before the software update.
I'm sorry to hear this. Do you have any plans to visit your local dealership?

Alison
JeepCares

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Once the COVID-19 problems settle down. A lot of businesses here are closed.
I understand. Once you're able to make an appointment please let me know and I will assist the best I can.

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored