Sponsored

So what's it like living with the JL? (Especially folks who switched from a full sized truck)

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Fear not....I too own a mini abortion.

I at least made it useful with proper tie-downs, reinforced spring plates, a triangulated tongue, 2" coupler (1-7/8" should be abolished) elevated so I don't have to use an 8" drop draw bar with my stock-height SuperDuty, additional crossmembers under the all-too-flexy expanded steel deck, ammo can tongue box, an actual tongue jack etc etc

I still need to build a proper spare tire carrier for it .....but mostly it hangs out with the weeds.....it's just more hassle than it's worth when I can just toss stuff in an actual truck bed and GO

The JL is great, but it's a have-fun Matchbox car, not a truck

IMG_20190627_100710535_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
I've had 5 pickups in the past. Mazda B-4000 4WD. F150, Chevy "Blazer" Pickup. I think that was a ZR2. A Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Tundra. I've had a total of 7 Jeeps, 3 Suzukis, etc. The pickups were convenient as hell, but I'm not a guy who NEEDS a truck %95 of the time. The pickups all bored me to tears. The Jeeps, always love them. My new 2019 JLU Sahara makes me excited just thinking about it as I sit in my man cave, as I write this at 11pm tonight. Should I drive to CVS to pick up a prescription that may or may not be ready, and perhaps Resees Peanut Butter Cups. I just love the thing. You can fit a 2x4x8 if you put the boards on the armrest and still close the back door/ window. Had my 7500 mile first service done today. It has been perfect!. We may be going to Vermont this weekend and can't decide if we should take the Wrangler or my wife's 19 Cherokee. My brother in law is staying the weekend to watch the fury 4 legged kids and I made him swear he won't drive the Wrangler if we leave it in the driveway. I think he will, because he loves it, but I don't trust him not to drive it, so maybe we'll take the Wrangler. Yes I'm ranting out loud, but the point is, I LOVE my Wrangler. Buy it.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
Electric organ and full-size filing cabinet? JL = fail. Truck = win

No chintzy trailers chasing you down the road, no problems backing into parking spaces in tight apartment parking lots.

IMG_20190627_095111219_HDR.jpg
Not really relevant, but I love my Conn 650 organ almost as much as my Wrangler. What are you doing with that organ. Please tell me you're NOT getting rid of it!.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
The last time I bought a vehicle for myself was a new 1997 Ram 1500 standard cab longbed, 4x4 5.9. Today, it's rusted out, dented, loud, with nonfunctioning cruise and a/c. My wife wont let me park it in sight of the house, and would walk before riding in it. It always starts, always runs, and could pull Godzilla out of a basement. I keep a tow chain, tools, jumpers, etc in it. I use it when I go for lumber, mulch, appliances, or have to make a trash run.

Last week I decided I wanted something I could drive to the store and not look like Jethro's poor cousin. I am, after all, a retired teacher. So, I reverted to my other vehicular standard...bought a 2019 JL Sport 2 door. Feels very small, almost claustrophobic. I have to be aware of that short wheelbase so as not to oversteer. I cant look over everyones roof.
Jeep.jpg

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Helping an elderly friend put the finishing touches on her new place when her last place burned to the ground....needed to move 10k# of sod.....plus a 4k# trailer....14k GTW

I thought about using the JL, I mean hell it's got a receiver and the 24' deckover is bumper pull...so all good, right?

In the end I figured maybe the SuperDuty was a wiser choice ;)

IMG_20190710_135106095_HDR.jpg
Sponsored