Sponsored

So what travel trailer do you tow with your JLR 2 door....

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
So I have a motorhome and thinking of getting something like travel trailer to tow behind my JLR 2 door. Seeking to get a flavor of what you guys are towing. I has a motorhome thinking of traded out of it.... This is what I'm willing to giving up... https://www.jbewing.com/ForSale/RV/ OR keep it and just tow my Jeep behind it like I did with my old TJ?

Thanks for your help, it been years since I towed something large... was looking at https://www.airstream.com/travel-trailers/basecamp/
Sponsored

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
The basecamp, unloaded, is about 600 lbs over the towing capacity of a 2 door JL. You'll be needing something more along the lines of a Drifter Trailer to stay within the provided specs.
Thanks, did not get that far looking deeper to specs... It is starting to sound like towing my Jeep as I have all the goodies in the RV, DirecTV, stereo, gen, solar, etc. My old TJ towed well.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
yeah the 2 door is limited on the numbers for towing. there is another post about a member couldnt get a smaller travel trailer for his 4 door due to the ratings.

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
yeah the 2 door is limited on the numbers for towing. there is another post about a member couldnt get a smaller travel trailer for his 4 door due to the ratings.
Yes I saw that posting that’s why I asked for travel trailer choice for two door.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

Sponsored

DatsunX3

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Sport S - Ordered
Yes I saw that posting that’s why I asked for travel trailer choice for two door.
The other day, I saw this 2 door (JK) going down the freeway with a small trailer and I took a picture. I googled around till i found the trailer. I was interested to see what it was. It appears to be in the weight limit of a 2 door. Like I said, its not my trailer or Jeep, just one I saw.
Trailer link.... https://golittleguy.com/lg-mini/

jeep_Trailer_s.jpg

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door Sport S, 2021 Gladiator 80th
That Mini Max is over the rated towing limits of the 2 door.
While the dry weight just barely is under the 2000 lb rating, its tongue weight is over the 200 lb rating.

Even more so its overall size/frontal area is WAY over the 20 sq ft rating. (assuming something 6 feet wide, it can only be a touch over 3' tall)

Sadly to meet the actual rated capacities of the 2 door you have to be in a true tiny teardrop or maybe a very small popup.

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2011 JK 1946CJ2-A
Keep the Moho and tow the jeep. and in your add close the toilet seat for pictures

MNMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW 340iM, '17 4Runner limited, '19 Wrangler Sport S
I posted on another thread about general towing items. We have a Vistabule which is about 1700lbs full wet (fresh and gray tanks). Towing it with the old Pentastar in our JKUR was a bit of a pain, that engine & 5 speed auto weren’t even capable of maintaining highway speed up any sort of grade. Barely better in the 4Runner we traded it for. VERY happy to say that our ‘19 JL 2 door with the 2.0T engine made a world of difference. Torque is way more important than horsepower for towing and the bump to nearly 300lb ft plus the new 8spd tranny made the Vistabule an easy tow. The only downside for some people is that the Vistabule is a teardrop so no bathroom, which I actually see as a positive because I don’t want to mess around cleaning it anyway. I’ll either just open the door and head outside if we’re boon-docking or use the site facilities. Anyway, very high quality, extremely well thought out design. They actually got their aluminum from Airstream until about 3 years ago when Airstream decided to go smaller and saw them as too much of a competitor. Www.vistabule.com if you want to check them out.

57E372D1-118E-48B8-9FB2-E7B0FAE63D29.jpeg

Sponsored

Flyslinger2

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
I posted on another thread about general towing items. We have a Vistabule which is about 1700lbs full wet (fresh and gray tanks). Towing it with the old Pentastar in our JKUR was a bit of a pain, that engine & 5 speed auto weren’t even capable of maintaining highway speed up any sort of grade. Barely better in the 4Runner we traded it for. VERY happy to say that our ‘19 JL 2 door with the 2.0T engine made a world of difference. Torque is way more important than horsepower for towing and the bump to nearly 300lb ft plus the new 8spd tranny made the Vistabule an easy tow. The only downside for some people is that the Vistabule is a teardrop so no bathroom, which I actually see as a positive because I don’t want to mess around cleaning it anyway. I’ll either just open the door and head outside if we’re boon-docking or use the site facilities. Anyway, very high quality, extremely well thought out design. They actually got their aluminum from Airstream until about 3 years ago when Airstream decided to go smaller and saw them as too much of a competitor. Www.vistabule.com if you want to check them out.

57E372D1-118E-48B8-9FB2-E7B0FAE63D29.jpeg
Ouch. With all options you've almost paid for a bigger Airstream which is towable behind a Wrangler.

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
The other day, I saw this 2 door (JK) going down the freeway with a small trailer and I took a picture. I googled around till i found the trailer. I was interested to see what it was. It appears to be in the weight limit of a 2 door. Like I said, its not my trailer or Jeep, just one I saw.
Trailer link.... https://golittleguy.com/lg-mini/

jeep_Trailer_s.jpg
Thanks, cute... pricey...

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Keep the Moho and tow the jeep. and in your add close the toilet seat for pictures
I'm agreeing with you... some people who have not see a RV toilet need to see the lid up...

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
OK I will be keeping my RV and tow my JLR with my BlueOx that I have left over from old TJ.... Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
Sponsored