Sponsored

So what JL Wrangler aftermarket parts & products do you want to see first?

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Looking at the picture that has been posted here of the spare tire and the back up camera, it looks like my prime choice of a bicycle carrier model is toast. I hope someone comes up with a new design that will allow one or two bikes to be mounted on the spare tire support without blocking the camera.

296f234d-f4d7-4c65-8f34-a45979e928e2-jpeg.jpg
I'm in the same boat. Should start looking at receiver extenders.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I’m not sure if anyone has seen or read about mopar parts for the new JL

In a nut shell they will be offering just about everything on day one.
Meanwhile all of the aftermarket companies will be playing catch-up. Mopar will have fenders for 37” tires, lifts, tire carrier, big brake kit and so on. They are going to take a big bite out of the aftermarket industry. Think about it this way. Your buying a four door rubicon fully loaded, it you have the dealer do all of your ad on’s such as lift, tires, winch, big brakes, armor and so on it’s all under factory warranty. You will be able to take your jeep into any dealer for repairs and they will give you a free loaner car.

Meanwhile if you have an aftermarket shop install aftermarket parts and something breaks, you have to make an appointment, get someone to pick you up and drop you off, no free rent a car.
And the kicker is the dealers will sometimes fight covering things that have failed under warranty due to aftermarket parts.

It will be interesting to see how competitive the dealers pricing for mopar parts are going to be. If they are the same or close to the aftermarket parts why would anyone buy the aftermarket parts?
Not really an issue. It is on them to prove that aftermarket parts caused the problem. Much higher quality/cheaper parts will be available from the aftermarket. What does having aftermarket parts have to do with whether or not you get a loaner? (I’ll give you a hint: nothing)

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I just purchased my first add-ons! A 500amp solenoid and a 500 amp fuse/holder for the winch I am putting on my JLU. I want to link the solenoid to one of those 4 auxiliary switches. :):):)

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat CC - Volvo XC70 - Ducati Monster 900 carbs - Ducati Hypermotard - Ducati Panigale -
Occupation
self employed
2 inches lift
Just a little wider tires
Steel bumper with winch and red tow hawk
LED bars
Tow group
American distressed flag on the hood ( the JK's power dome was better, more agressive)
Confederate flag on the hard top :)
Grunt Style tire cover

something clean and smooth ...

oh yes hope the red color dashboard will be optional and not only with firecracker red... would love have that with the granite crystal clear seat belts in red too could be awesome .

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
2 inches lift
Just a little wider tires
Steel bumper with winch and red tow hawk
LED bars
Tow group
American distressed flag on the hood ( the JK's power dome was better, more agressive)
Confederate flag on the hard top :)
Grunt Style tire cover

something clean and smooth ...

oh yes hope the red color dashboard will be optional and not only with firecracker red... would love have that with the granite crystal clear seat belts in red too could be awesome .
'murica

Sponsored

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat CC - Volvo XC70 - Ducati Monster 900 carbs - Ducati Hypermotard - Ducati Panigale -
Occupation
self employed

4440dude

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Jeep XJ
If you looked close, they didn't have any mounts. So they beat us to pretending they had product ready :cwl:
I asked the Hanson salesman in the SEMA booth about the lack of brackets. He said that they would never put the correct brackets in place when releasing something that early at a show like that. Too many people trying to measure it when their backs were turned. He said when I wanted to buy one after the show, they would be happy to put brackets in it. That's good enough for me.

NavyJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS; Bikini; Manual; Soft Top. Let the spending begin.
I'm in the same boat. Should start looking at receiver extenders.
One of the greatest accessories for the money "Trasharoo" will also interfear with the camera!

Goes

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon firecracker red (soon)
I’m not seeing any similarities here besides the wheel being on the left side.

461DC48E-CDF4-4F00-AA08-DBBDBDE4B5CB.png
I’m glad there are few similarities. I’ve owned 7 CJs / Wrangler’s and everyone was better than the previous one.

ColoradoJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Liberty CRD
Looking at the picture that has been posted here of the spare tire and the back up camera, it looks like my prime choice of a bicycle carrier model is toast. I hope someone comes up with a new design that will allow one or two bikes to be mounted on the spare tire support without blocking the camera.

296f234d-f4d7-4c65-8f34-a45979e928e2-jpeg.jpg
they already make something that should work. it's a mount that goes into the main hitch and splits into two 1" hitches on either side to mount bikes, etc.

Sponsored

Solar Sailor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
they already make something that should work. it's a mount that goes into the main hitch and splits into two 1" hitches on either side to mount bikes, etc.
Doesn't that type of mount still keep the rear door from opening with bikes mounted? I have looked at the swing away type of mount but that may still block the camera view due to the tall post. There is a type of mount that clamps to the spare tire instead of the frame of the tire support - I'll need to look at that closer. If so, I will need to order the heavy duty tire support to allow for the additional weight of two bikes (about 60 pounds) in addition to the spare tire.

https://hollywoodracks.com/collecti...ducts/sr1-spare-tire-rack?variant=15862468934

SR1_800x.jpg

Last edited:

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Doesn't that type of mount still keep the rear door from opening with bikes mounted? I have looked at the swing away type of mount but that may still block the camera view due to the tall post. There is a type of mount that clamps to the spare tire instead of the frame of the tire support - I'll need to look at that closer. If so, I will need to order the heavy duty tire support to allow for the additional weight of two bikes (about 60 pounds) in addition to the spare tire.

https://hollywoodracks.com/collecti...ducts/sr1-spare-tire-rack?variant=15862468934

SR1_800x.jpg
Does the swing gate have a weight limit?

Solar Sailor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Does the swing gate have a weight limit?
85 pounds according to the manual that was leaked...see page 396

I figure about 50 pounds for one of the stock tires so one 30 pound bike on the frame will work out OK. Two or 4 bikes will be a no go especially if you are expecting to use upgraded and larger tires.
Sponsored