Sponsored

So what JL Wrangler aftermarket parts & products do you want to see first?

Gandersonsays

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
I’m not sure if anyone has seen or read about mopar parts for the new JL

In a nut shell they will be offering just about everything on day one.
Meanwhile all of the aftermarket companies will be playing catch-up. Mopar will have fenders for 37” tires, lifts, tire carrier, big brake kit and so on. They are going to take a big bite out of the aftermarket industry. Think about it this way. Your buying a four door rubicon fully loaded, it you have the dealer do all of your ad on’s such as lift, tires, winch, big brakes, armor and so on it’s all under factory warranty. You will be able to take your jeep into any dealer for repairs and they will give you a free loaner car.

Meanwhile if you have an aftermarket shop install aftermarket parts and something breaks, you have to make an appointment, get someone to pick you up and drop you off, no free rent a car.
And the kicker is the dealers will sometimes fight covering things that have failed under warranty due to aftermarket parts.

It will be interesting to see how competitive the dealers pricing for mopar parts are going to be. If they are the same or close to the aftermarket parts why would anyone buy the aftermarket parts?

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Good points but there'll also be more variety in the aftermarket which means options which may fit one's tastes or needs better, or just to be different than the Mopar parts which will of course be popular and more common. I think it's great we'll have even more parts and accessories options now with both the aftermarket and Mopar's expanded catalog. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Sponsored

Jeepfix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Would to see some engine mods as long as doesn't void warranty like air intake and exhaust.

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Good points but there'll also be more variety in the aftermarket which means options which may fit one's tastes or needs better, or just to be different than the Mopar parts which will of course be popular and more common. I think it's great we'll have even more parts and accessories options now with both the aftermarket and Mopar's expanded catalog.
Hi

I spoke with a lot of the owners of many of the aftermarket parts company a few months ago. Most of them said this time around jeep said if you want to RND a jeep your going to have to purchase one when they hit the market. Most said it will take them between 90 to 180 days before they even have aftermarket parts available to sell. Meanwhile mopar will have their parts on day one.

I spoke with the guys from mopar at Sema, they said mopar did a study by where every jeep they sold at least one mopar part was purchased by the new owner at the time of sale.

And I agree, some lifts will work while others will work better.
It will be interesting to see this round what happens

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

I spoke with a lot of the owners of many of the aftermarket parts company a few months ago. Most of them said this time around jeep said if you want to RND a jeep your going to have to purchase one when they hit the market. Most said it will take them between 90 to 180 days before they even have aftermarket parts available to sell. Meanwhile mopar will have their parts on day one.
Sure Mopar will have a jump by 90-180 days but that's a drop in the bucket compared to the life cycle of the JL. And that's assuming there'll be a lot of owners modifying within 90-180 days of the first JL's being delivered. Also, most owners who take delivery from very early on and who want to modify know it'll take some time for aftermarket parts to develop, so many of us will take a wait and see approach to see more choices rather than just jumping on Mopar parts asap. I know that's the approach I'll be taking.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely agree. Lighter, stronger, cheaper. You might be able to choose two but not all three. They’ve already chose lighter and by going with an existing core design it’s my guess they also chose cheaper.
Well, the JL isn't cheaper, so looks like they chose their two.
Sure Mopar will have a jump by 90-180 days but that's a drop in the bucket compared to the life cycle of the JL. And that's assuming there'll be a lot of owners modifying within 90-180 days of the first JL's being delivered. Also, most owners who take delivery from very early on and who want to modify know it'll take some time for aftermarket parts to develop, so many of us will take a wait and see approach to see more choices rather than just jumping on Mopar parts asap. I know that's the approach I'll be taking.
Yeah, after my wallet is drained by the JL, it will take a year or so to recover enough to even think about accessories, other than a winch, which I've already budgeted.

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
I completely agree

The group I off road with all have the hard rock JKU
They all had the dealer do their lifts and so on because they want that warranty the dealership offers.
The current mopar lifts for the jk is made by teraflex. I was told teraflex is not the JL lift kit maker. This is yet to be seen considering the shocks are fox.

I’m personally waiting for the JLU rubicon fully loaded diesel in August, I have a budget of $30k for all the add ons I want once I take delivery

Sponsored

Rubiwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jkur
Be careful about warranty work after mods. Just because they are sold by jeep and installed by a dealer does not always mean it will be covered under warranty. Search jeep forums where warranty work was denied because a stock jeep was taken off-road and the skid plates were scratched. Always read the fine print with all of FCA warranties.

Solar Sailor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Why is the tire carrier mount your preferred choice? Why against a hitch mount bike rack?
With a spare tire mount, I can leave the bike mounted when opening the rear door. With a hitch mount, the bike and mount will block the door. Also, the tall upright post on many of the available mounts will block the camera. Using a hitch mount that folds down does not solve the issue either since the bikes need to be removed before folding the hitch.

practicaltact

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S Mojito 2 Door
I signed up just to post this: Oil pan skid plate! I am astounded that the stock rubicons don't come with the oil pans protected considering how if you smash it on a trail you are SOL. In any case, aftermarket protection for this area is a must.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I signed up just to post this: Oil pan skid plate! I am astounded that the stock rubicons don't come with the oil pans protected considering how if you smash it on a trail you are SOL. In any case, aftermarket protection for this area is a must.
From the pictures I've seen of the bottom of the JL 3.6 (or what I believe to be the 3.6), it doesn't look as vulnerable as in the JK. It certainly doesn't look as vulnerable as the oil pan on my 3.8. A Rancho oil pan skid plate was my first mod on my 08 JKU. The second was an evap canister skid plate. I wonder where that will be located on the JL, and if it will be as large.