Sponsored

So what JL Wrangler aftermarket parts & products do you want to see first?

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Welcome back Screamer?! Still not buying a JL right? Please remind me, if you hate it why are you here? We got it 100x you don’t like the axles.
Sponsored

Bluerhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2005 Porsche 911 S
I would like to see an alternate mount and location for the back up camera and a rigid body color spare tire cover without that silly large hole in the middle.

I am still very surprised the engineers thought that was a good idea and they could not find a better option/location for the back up camera.

Jeez...I can hear them in the meeting now. "Oh no we forgot the back up camera, where do we put that. oh...I know I know....just mount it in the middle of the spare tire!" teams reaction... :clap:. "What about when someone wants to use a spare tire cover? oh oh...I know I know......just drill a big hole right in the middle of it" teams reaction. :fist bump: :handsinair: :clap:

My reaction....what?????....:headbang:

SCREAMER

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Recon
I'm cool so far with the new dash, it actually reminds me more of my red CJ-7 dash, compared to the current JK big slab dash which I haven't cared for. I've got a MIG welder and have made my own bumpers and other items, so I don't care so much about the new stock bumpers. Unless replacing the bumpers will mess up some electronic item - then I do care. The "ZF nightmare" transmission thing would most concern me - have you heard some bad things about it? Has it proved not solid in other vehicles? I am looking forward to the big reveal next week, to finally get some details on the manual transmission. Hoping Jeep chose wisely and it is a good solid unit.
I envy your fab skills. Yes this ZF transmission has had problems in many other vehicles since it’s inception. Most notably in the newest Cherokee which caused several production delays, recalls, firmware flashes, and many bad reviews even by paid magazines. I remember an article in motor trend that had a long term tester’s transmission replaced and still showed the same problems. I would definitely opt for the manual if I were you.

SCREAMER

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Recon
Welcome back Screamer?! Still not buying a JL right? Please remind me, if you hate it why are you here? We got it 100x you don’t like the axles.
I’m here for the same exact two reasons you are here. I love Jeeps and I hope I’m wrong about many of the JLs design choices.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I envy your fab skills. Yes this ZF transmission has had problems in many other vehicles since it’s inception. Most notably in the newest Cherokee which caused several production delays, recalls, firmware flashes, and many bad reviews even by paid magazines. I remember an article in motor trend that had a long term tester’s transmission replaced and still showed the same problems. I would definitely opt for the manual if I were you.
The JL is getting the ZF8 that's in the Grand Cherokee, not the ZF9 that's in the regular Cherokee.

My understanding is that the ZF8 has a good reputation for being rock solid.

Sponsored

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
The JL is getting the ZF8 that's in the Grand Cherokee, not the ZF9 that's in the regular Cherokee.

My understanding is that the ZF8 has a good reputation for being rock solid.
+1 the ZF 8 speed automatic is widely used and has a good reputation. But this is really getting off-topic for this thread subject.

Rubiwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jkur
I’m interested in a teak veneer for the wooden axles, a CJ7 speedo retrofit for the dash, a turbo 400 trans with manual shift valves and a B&M megashifter, and bumpers, I don’t need no stinking bumpers.

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Flat fenders without turn signals

Grill with turn signals

Front and rear bumpers with swing tire carrier

A lift to accommodate 38-40 inch tires. Not sure what will be needed based on the wide axles. Hoping with proper backspacing tire will be outside well so LCG.

Gears!

AEV Procal or such. Otherwise everything else is pointless.

Big Brake Kit

Sponsored

Solar Sailor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Looking at the picture that has been posted here of the spare tire and the back up camera, it looks like my prime choice of a bicycle carrier model is toast. I hope someone comes up with a new design that will allow one or two bikes to be mounted on the spare tire support without blocking the camera.

296f234d-f4d7-4c65-8f34-a45979e928e2-jpeg.jpg

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
Looking at the picture that has been posted here of the spare tire and the back up camera, it looks like my prime choice of a bicycle carrier model is toast. I hope someone comes up with a new design that will allow one or two bikes to be mounted on the spare tire support without blocking the camera.
Why is the tire carrier mount your preferred choice? Why against a hitch mount bike rack?
Sponsored