Sponsored

So what JL Wrangler aftermarket parts & products do you want to see first?

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Are you sure there aren’t any more old threads you could spam with the same crap?
I could have bumped a few more, but didn't. Only bumped the ones which featured pertinent info to new visitors to the forum these next 96hours after official reveal. :like::jk::like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
I’m not sure if anyone has seen or read about mopar parts for the new JL

In a nut shell they will be offering just about everything on day one.
Meanwhile all of the aftermarket companies will be playing catch-up. Mopar will have fenders for 37” tires, lifts, tire carrier, big brake kit and so on. They are going to take a big bite out of the aftermarket industry. Think about it this way. Your buying a four door rubicon fully loaded, it you have the dealer do all of your ad on’s such as lift, tires, winch, big brakes, armor and so on it’s all under factory warranty. You will be able to take your jeep into any dealer for repairs and they will give you a free loaner car.

Meanwhile if you have an aftermarket shop install aftermarket parts and something breaks, you have to make an appointment, get someone to pick you up and drop you off, no free rent a car.
And the kicker is the dealers will sometimes fight covering things that have failed under warranty due to aftermarket parts.

It will be interesting to see how competitive the dealers pricing for mopar parts are going to be. If they are the same or close to the aftermarket parts why would anyone buy the aftermarket parts?
The only real slap in the face was Jeep not giving us any info about the JL, and then revealing all the Mopar accessories at the SEMA show. I know (hope) they weren't doing it to be nefarious, but it felt like it. Whether Jeep likes it or not, the enthusiasts (wheelers) have given the brand the clout that it has. Jeep can push Renegades and Compasses on people because the Jeep badge still means something. If Jeep want's to try and carry the aftermarket torch we wish them luck, but historically that's not how it's been. They have offered Mopar lifts, winches, wheels, fenders, etc... for a long time. But it's rare I see a Mopar'd out Jeep on the trails.

Plus, we've always offered products for Jeepers that are looking to push their rigs to the limit AND make it home still looking pretty. I think there is plenty of room for everyone in the market. :beer:

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
I'd bet they are going to roll out the goodies over a few years. The half doors, power soft top, etc. So maybe they don't know what will be available until sales numbers start flowing. Who knows.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
The only real slap in the face was Jeep not giving us any info about the JL, and then revealing all the Mopar accessories at the SEMA show. I know (hope) they weren't doing it to be nefarious, but it felt like it. Whether Jeep likes it or not, the enthusiasts (wheelers) have given the brand the clout that it has. Jeep can push Renegades and Compasses on people because the Jeep badge still means something. If Jeep want's to try and carry the aftermarket torch we wish them luck, but historically that's not how it's been. They have offered Mopar lifts, winches, wheels, fenders, etc... for a long time. But it's rare I see a Mopar'd out Jeep on the trails.

Plus, we've always offered products for Jeepers that are looking to push their rigs to the limit AND make it home still looking pretty. I think there is plenty of room for everyone in the market. :beer:
Waiting for your trusses for the new axles!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

They completely honored the aftermarket. They have bolts by the windshield cowl that are for no purpose other than accessories. The roll cage bolts in so that it can be removed and replaced with an aftermarket cage, there is molle webbing, and the list goes on and on. This is the most accessory friendly Jeep yet, as it was designed with this in mind. You have to realize that they are competitors in the aftermarket, so they took a liberty that is theirs to take. They clearly listened to customers with this. You'll have stuff completely ready by the time these start hitting the streets and trails in any numbers. If you don't already have one on order, then you can't blame anyone else for missing the boat.

Sponsored

TheMindbender

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
Id love to see led headlights in this square style

2016-10-20_18-46-30.jpg

I'd also like to see a Fastback top or moon roof top

djrob9

First Name
Robert Davtian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Bikini top, front and rear bumpers. Sun shade tops. Let's go Jeep, you gotta have some more accessories out there. Oh yeah and $200 for a fuel door? Come on man.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Soft doors. Now. Spring is coming. @BestopTeam get busy!

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
If it hasn’t been mentioned, I’d like to see a dual swing out like you built for the JT.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
If it hasn’t been mentioned, I’d like to see a dual swing out like you built for the JT.
Not enough space without blocking both tail lamps. We are working on a carrier that can carry more stuff though ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL So what JL Wrangler aftermarket parts & products do you want to see first? R6__7781

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Not enough space without blocking both tail lamps. We are working on a carrier that can carry more stuff though ;)

R6__7781.jpg
Following as I'm looking for a meet in the middle tire carrier to carry a single gas can and reinforce for 35s... without spending 2.5-3k for a full bumper + separate tire swing gate/carrier.

I know it's a tall ask, but that picture looks close to what I have in mind. 😜

Karmic.Shift

First Name
Stephen D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude | 2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Adjustable Headrest. Is there some sort of safety law that prevents aftermarket parts for this? I have not seen any...
Sponsored