Sponsored

So... What if you crack the acoustic laminated windshield?

Appgirl96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 JLU
I’ve had my JL a month and got hit by a rock, nice crack in the windshield Glad to hear Safelite had the acoustic windshield, will call them first thing in the morning. Was hoping to get OEM with the Willy’s logo. Need to get something done quickly, it spread quite a bit just since I found it this morning.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I haaate cracked windshields. Had a big one on my Honda for four months now.

What is an "acoustic" windshield anyway?

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perhaps I'll actually google it lawl

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
You could google half the shit we discuss here..

Nice homage to 2010 though.

Any less autistic individual want to quickly provide an answer? It takes less time than jerking yourself off with a lmgtfy page. :)
It would have actually taken less time for you to google it than it took you to create a post asking about it LOL

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
My problem is, the installation of another windshield. I know if it cracks we need it but there’s nothing like the factory install and seal.

Appgirl96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 JLU
I have an appointment for Safelite on Thursday. You would think with the VIN they would know what windshield to order.. he asked me if I needed the acoustic windshield with the antenna.. I didn’t think so, but I called the dealer I bought it from and they couldn’t tell me either.. Dumb question, but does the JL with infotainment have an antenna in the windshield? I told Safelite to order without. Hope I’m right

Sponsored

MBurgJL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have an appointment for Safelite on Thursday. You would think with the VIN they would know what windshield to order.. he asked me if I needed the acoustic windshield with the antenna.. I didn’t think so, but I called the dealer I bought it from and they couldn’t tell me either.. Dumb question, but does the JL with infotainment have an antenna in the windshield? I told Safelite to order without. Hope I’m right
I had the same issue when I ordered mine. I checked and double checked that they had the right windshield. I insisted that I got OEM. It is acoustic, but doesn't have antenna.

CyBourg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 07 Honda S2000, 2018 JLU Sport O)|||||(O
Exactly! small deductible and based on your insurance, should never affect rates. (mine doesn't) the after market, like Apple Glass etc.., will be able to order the replacement from the dealer, if they don't have it in stock.
Not exactly. Insurance is for catastrophic events that you can't afford to take care of out of your own pocket. There are a lot of insurance carriers that, depending on the state you live in, will give you 1 or 2 free windshields per year with 0 deductible.

No matter what they tell you about claims not counting against you or raising your rates, they're not being 100% honest. I've been in the industry a very long time. Claims always effect you. You may not notice it on the first or the second but quietly in the background they're working against you. Things like claim frequency - even 0 deductible claims - when coupled together with any type of other occurrence could lead your insurance company to drop you. Then the next carrier you go with sees you had 4 glass claims in the last 3 years and they're going to stick you with a higher minimum deductible requirement.

I agree with other commenters that checking your policy and the state laws is your best bet. Glass claims are the most minimal insurance claim you can make and in most instances can be made without any concern of retribution from your insurance provider (most carriers offer windshields as a courtesy service) but they do add up have the ability to bite you in the ass down the road. Any claim will stay on your CLUE for 5 years. Most providers will surcharge for claims up to 3 years but use the 4th and 5th year as an experience period to determine if they want to offer you coverage/use them to place you into a pool that's a less preferred risk/higher rates. So while they're not surcharging you in the final 2 years, they're still costing your additional money.

Appgirl96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 JLU
I had the same issue when I ordered mine. I checked and double checked that they had the right windshield. I insisted that I got OEM. It is acoustic, but doesn't have antenna.
That’s what I thought, but wanted to make sure.. especially on a month old Jeep! I’ll make sure it has the acoustic print on the bottom before they install. Thanks!

dmeyerrph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Firecracker Red
You may have seen my post under tracking, but I picked up my JLU Sahara and drove 3 miles down the road and got a huge rock from a semi and cracked it.

Safelite had to order the OEM glass from the local Jeep Dealer - appointment for install is next Thursday.

DSC00982.JPG
Sponsored